RiverHawks Stadium in foreclosure, action doesn't affect team

The Frontier League (FL) forum
phanf4j
Site Admin

Post by phanf4j » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:35 am

Wasteland. The Chillicothe Paints of the Frontier League no longer exist (shame.) However, the same ownership group now owns the Chillicothe Paints of the wooden bat Prospect League, as well as the majority ownership of the Rockford Riverhawks.

wasteland
Site Admin

Post by wasteland » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:33 pm

[quote=""phanf4j""]Wasteland. The Chillicothe Paints of the Frontier League no longer exist (shame.) However, the same ownership group now owns the Chillicothe Paints of the wooden bat Prospect League, as well as the majority ownership of the Rockford Riverhawks.[/quote]

Yes, I am aware the Paints are no longer part of the FL.

wasteland
Site Admin

Post by wasteland » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:41 pm

[quote=""BoomerFan""]The RiverHawk jersey ads were placed mid-season, which in addition to the stadium foreclosure suggest revenue is tight for the Club.[/quote]

Where did you get that? The ads were decided the last off season to help pay for the new jerseys they were going to buy anyways.

And there were also 2 sponsers. Go ahead and go back and read the original post.

So if more teams follow suit next season it means fiancial problems? Most of the teams at this level operate on really thin margins, and you'll be kidding yourself if you think they'll ignore another revenue source. Now getting a sponser for something that isn't common in our country might be tough, but Rockford found 2 that wanted to be part of it.

BoomerFan
Site Admin

Another Post Questioning Financial Strength of Rockford FL Team.

Post by BoomerFan » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:55 pm

At the risk of more good-natured quibbling about the accuracy of anything posted, Ballpark Digest posted the following, suggesting money is tight for the Rockford RiverHawks.

http://www.ballparkdigest.com/201209205 ... -coming-up

As for the uniform ad comment, the Rockford newspaper article printed on July 3, 2012 stated no jersey ads had appeared “until now”, didn’t realize the phrase was used figuratively, the article does go on to say the idea was hatched in the off-season.

wasteland
Site Admin

Post by wasteland » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:59 pm

Dead link. edit: Seems as the site as a whole is down/gone.

Let me clarify the uniforms. They were new for this season and had advertisements on them since they were partially paid for by that sponser. They didn't remove the names and put sponsers on them mid-season. The costs and time involved would cause problems in the middle of the season, since this is Indy ball and not the major leagues. :-)
Last edited by wasteland on Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wasteland
Site Admin

Post by wasteland » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:22 pm

And I should add it does not surprise to hear of rumors of the clubs financial problems. The club should of never left the Frontier league for the Northern League. Never made sense from a financial standpoint. People were happy with the on field product as it was. From the games I went to this season, attendance was down, I’d say in the 20% range. Enough to go below the make or break point. I have yet to hear locally of unpaid bills and lay-offs, so we’ll see what happens.

wasteland
Site Admin

Post by wasteland » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:57 am

http://www.rockfordriverhawks.com/team/ ... staff_id=6

Looks like the hammer did fall, Director of Broadcasting Bill Czaja and Director of Operations Chris Daleo (former Rockford Lighting head coach)appear to be out among others.

No press release, nothing in the local paper.
Last edited by wasteland on Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

wasteland
Site Admin

Post by wasteland » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:26 pm

Just thinking outloud here, but would it be possible to move Beloit's affliation to Rockford? I'm not sure on the current boundarys, so it might not be possible, but Rockford's park is so much better in all areas when compared to Beloit, Granted I haven't seen a game in Beloit in at least 6 years, but it don't sound like things are getting better. The Riverhawks average almost double what Beloit brings in. Just an idea I'm throwing out there, it ultimatly needs investors, so it'll likely never even get looked at.

one way
Site Admin

Post by one way » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:51 pm

Its a cash grab. They have no lease. They are bare bones. They will let at least two more employees go by Dec. If the Riverhawks do make another run with this ownership, everything will be done on the cheap and then at the end of the year poof. The president of the Riverhawks, Brian Wickline, lost Road Ranger as a sponsor, alienated the television reps, and basically turned his back on potential sponsors. Does not make much sense to me either. They lost over 300,000 dollars this year and attendance was down 37 percent under this clown's leadership. Sad

ca
Site Admin

r/ford ...

Post by ca » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:00 am

is an ex mwl city and i dont see that changing anytime soon

Return to “FL”