Press box conversation

The Atlantic League (AtL) forum
BlastFan
Site Admin

Press box conversation

Post by BlastFan » Sun May 26, 2013 12:54 pm

I had a conversation in the press box of the Blue Crabs with Andy Etchebarren last weekend when the Crabs took on the Ducks. If he reads this forum, now he knows who I am, lol.

According to him, there will be 16 teams in the next couple of years. They are even aiming to put one in Puerto Rico. I asked them if they were going to merge with the CanAm league and he laughed and said no. Apparently all these teams are going to be new expansion teams. In addition he said that the Bridgeport Bluefish better step up their act or the Atlantic League is going to suggest they leave like they did with Newark. He thinks that their stadium doesn't meet up to Atlantic League standards and that their attendance is the worst (which I thought, "maybe they are the only honest ones").

There will eventually be four divisions all the way out to Texas, and despite all the teams not on the East Coast, the league will still be named the Atlantic League of Professional Baseball.

smallballfan
Site Admin

Post by smallballfan » Mon May 27, 2013 6:01 am

The lesson here... don't have a conversation with BlastFan.

Paul S
Site Admin

Post by Paul S » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:47 am

Good point. Blastfan had a similar conversation and then next day post on another board (soccer) about the Baltimore Blast. It turned out to be true though.

The Shelts = Paul S
Mean Spirited Blogger Number 14

"If games are missed, it hurts no one" ...... ABA CEO Joe Newman 2/9/09

Due to numerous threats of legal action from certain people.......all of the above is my opinion only and it should be noted that I have never invested in the ABA. It is simply one mans opinion.

Return to “AtL”