Edmonton Capitals move to AA in 2013?

The American Association (AA) forum
G Lindenbach
Site Admin

Post by G Lindenbach » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:51 pm

[quote=""smallballfan""]Caring is one thing - economics is another.[/quote]

Yes - we are speaking of passion and committment here. Rexall Sports is not passionate enough about baseball to sustain some losses and invest in the future. For that matter, the majority of the population in Edmonton is not passionate about baseball either - this is a hockey town.

Change starts at the top however and I believe that baseball could become successful once again in Edmonton with the right ownership and marketing

ranul
Site Admin

Post by ranul » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:41 pm

any news on Edmonton entering in 2014
are we naked yet

AZdev
Site Admin

New League

Post by AZdev » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:34 am

There's a New League in town! The Wild West Baseball League has been formed. They are targeting the Edmonton Capitals along with a Fort McMurray team. On their FB Page they also list Chico and Sonoma County along with, you guessed it Long Beach and Fullerton. The North County Cannons are also listed and may have some connection to the league. Mike Summers is the founder. It would be good to see some of these cities get some baseball back. I'm not sure Long Beach and Fullerton will be able to swing a ballpark lease. They've been unable to for years, so don't see them suddenly scoring one. Other than that, maybe something may come of it. I do like the name of the league!!

pilots13
Site Admin

Post by pilots13 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:49 am

Wow, their list is a who's who of failed Indy teams.

The west needs a competent league who can find competent owners. It is a golden opportunity for someone to put something together. Chances are you'll have open cities after the UBL folds and there's no mention of Yuma yet, who's new owner seemed to be one of the lone voices of competence in an absurd Indy west this preseason. The key is to get stable ownership, stadium leases from cities who have been burned before, and figure out travel costs. No small feat.

Return to “AA”