Would the AA like a Western Division?

The American Association (AA) forum
ChicoOutlawsFan
Site Admin

Would the AA like a Western Division?

Post by ChicoOutlawsFan » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:34 pm

Living in a city where there is currently no professional baseball and having moved from a city who team doesn't have much community support, I feel a Western Division would be a perfect addition to the American Association. Teams from the Northern League and United League Baseball have defected to this league and I see more defections in the future. Hopefully, a couple of Golden Baseball League franchise can follow suit.

I am a little new to the AA, but judging from the new teams coming in, it looks as though there is some tougher competition. It would be a great place to bring teams like say the Orange County Flyers and Na Koa Ikaika Maui of the GBL and possible future expansion teams in the northwest to help strengthen the AA. Now that the Northern League, ULB and GBL have merged into an new so-called "super league" (the North American League), what a better opportunity for the AA to make some noise out west. We sure need it!

Is the front office staff of the league and any of its teams better managed than the three leagues I mentioned? If only someone can buy the Chico Outlaws and move them to the AA. :)
Last edited by ChicoOutlawsFan on Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:33 am

While I'm sure the AA would love to have a fan like you, I don't think the league is going to want to take on any franchises that would be headaches like the GBL had. Hawaii stands no chance in this league. TJ, that would just have the league officials rolling on the floor laughing. A flight from here to Hawaii is about $560 per player.

ChicoOutlawsFan
Site Admin

Post by ChicoOutlawsFan » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:25 am

You are exactly right about Tijuana. That continues to be a disaster that the GBL just will NOT give up on. Maui has been reported here (I think) to have new ownership that will make things easier. The GBL has been such a major headache that one, maybe two, projects for team in Oregon have totally abandoned the GBL to look at the AA. Let's hope the AA will be more receptive to a Western Division in the future.

Return to “AA”