Montgomery County,TX

The American Association (AA) forum
lamearmjr
Site Admin

Montgomery County,TX

Post by lamearmjr » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:28 pm

Oursportscentral is reporting the owners of the Airhogs and Diablos has signed a contract to build a ballpark in Montgomery County,TX and join the AA. First I am guessing it would be in either The Woodlands or Conroe most probably The Woodlands, second I would love to see a link to this information. This is where I grew up at and i would have to cheer for them, its very exciting if true....

Dan K
Site Admin

Post by Dan K » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:07 pm

I think http://www.ballparkdigest.com has been covering some of the ballpark activities in Montgomery County and in Sugar Land.

Hawk87
Site Admin

Post by Hawk87 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:58 am

First off, in all the press I've read over this story, consistently Texas press dubs it "Montgomery County" as if people outside yer lone star mistake are going to know where that is.

Suburban Houston? Is that what I understand? And, am I wrong or am I reading that two ballparks are being proposed for opposite east/west ends of Houston? And that both those parks are likely to house indy teams, because they'll have to be indy teams if the Astros agree to waive their "affiliation territory"???

(kind of a question and a snarky drunk comment)

lamearmjr
Site Admin

Post by lamearmjr » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:28 pm

Montgomery County is located just to the north of Harris County, which is the county the city of Houston is located in. Sugarland is located to the southwest in Fort Bend county. The Sugarland team is inside of the 40 mile radius so the Astros would have to ok any affiliated team there. Both team as most likely to go with the AA, as would be the best choice if not affiliated. The AA overall talent is above Aball but maybe just below Double A.

Return to “AA”