Tijuana to UBL

The United League Baseball (ULB) forum
Aleeets
Site Admin

Tijuana to UBL

Post by Aleeets » Thu May 28, 2009 8:34 pm

For the last days, we heard some strong rumors that The Tijuana Potros wants to join for the 2009 season to the ULB

They played for the last 3 years in the Mexican League, and makes to the playoffs 2 for the three years. also, they was the first place in the league on attendance three years in a row. so we expected that, Tijuana can make a good deal going in these next season playing in these league.

The stadium 15,000 attendance capacity will bring fans once again and cheers for his home team.

The roster have 3 korean players 2 pitchers and 1 infielder, dominicans players too, so, we hope the ULB organization take a look over Tijuana and let them play in this League.
Last edited by Aleeets on Thu May 28, 2009 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ajbrandt1
Site Admin

Post by ajbrandt1 » Fri May 29, 2009 3:25 pm

Not going to happen this season.

Maybe next season, though. They can come in with the Dallas team.

Aleeets
Site Admin

Post by Aleeets » Fri May 29, 2009 6:56 pm

why did you say so?

you know something else that we dont?

please, we are going to thank you so much if you say what do you know about this matter

Alejandro Robles
Site Admin

Post by Alejandro Robles » Sun May 31, 2009 9:08 pm

Hi, i want to introduce myself...my name is Alex Robles and i come from the Tijuana Potros forum.
First of all, ajbrandt1... It was informed in a press conference that Tijuana was already a member of the United League Baseball for this season starting on June 11th.
During the press conference, they said several things as changing the schedule with the acceptance of Tijuana for this season.
Honestly, it wasn't like a press conference, rather, a letter emphazising these details.
I hope Tijuana can host some games for this year, because it would be a disgrace of this city doesn't have baseball. Let's remember Tijuana became the first city in the Mexican Baseball League to have 48 sold outs of 50 games during the 2004 season, long time ago, and i know it.
But, we still been baseball fans, and we want baseball back because it's not fair take baseball out from Tijuana.
I dont know what have the Potros's owner and ULB president agreed but, it is for sure that something's great is coming soon.

heavesrock
Site Admin

Post by heavesrock » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:00 pm

I'm not very familiar with the situation, but why did Tijuana leave the Mexican League anyway?
Vermont Frost Heaves fan site: http://freewebs.com/frostheavesfans

Frost Heaves Forum: http://frostheaves.proboards.com

Aleeets
Site Admin

Post by Aleeets » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:03 pm

The answer its simply,

The Mexican Pacific League of México in the 80's kicked out Tijuana Potros for Envy, they said the team paid to the player more than especified in the league, that's was the reason. Not True, or Every team does here ok?

In the Mexican League of Baseball, Tijuana was the most redituable team in all league, in attendance, (Tijuana Toros was the name), we are the best in all mexico in croud, and again, the only reason i can say, the directives of the league doesen't want us any more, was ENVY. the reason they give was

Tijuana its to far for the other citys the league play.
the directive of tijuana never payed the travels of the teams ina season or two i dont know and i dont care
and others less important.

Now in the GBL they or we i don know anymore who says, the virus problem causes all this problem.
Hope i explain the reasons
Military Salutes!!!!

Alejandro Robles
Site Admin

Post by Alejandro Robles » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:58 pm

Club Potros de Tijuana announced today in their press conference the acceptance of the team as a member of the United League Baseball for this 2009 season.
It was informed in several newspapers and Internet sites about this latest news. We are looking forward to play against the ULB teams.
The club will host a 5 game series against the Petroleros (Oilers) of Venezuela starting today at Tijuana as a preseason series before the beginning of the ULB in Tijuana.
It was mentioned the Opening Day of Tijuana will start on July 2nd, but there was no mention about the schedule.
Although is not official, there are some rumors that Petroleros of Venezuela, today's Potros rivals, will also join the ULB.

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:04 am

[quote=""Alejandro Robles""]Club Potros de Tijuana announced today in their press conference the acceptance of the team as a member of the United League Baseball for this 2009 season.
It was informed in several newspapers and Internet sites about this latest news. We are looking forward to play against the ULB teams.
The club will host a 5 game series against the Petroleros (Oilers) of Venezuela starting today at Tijuana as a preseason series before the beginning of the ULB in Tijuana.
It was mentioned the Opening Day of Tijuana will start on July 2nd, but there was no mention about the schedule.
Although is not official, there are some rumors that Petroleros of Venezuela, today's Potros rivals, will also join the ULB.[/quote]
And how is the "swine flu pandemic" any less risky for the GBL than for the ULB?
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

Alejandro Robles
Site Admin

Post by Alejandro Robles » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:54 pm

Minor League Man... this has nothing to do with the swine flu pandemic.
We said it on previous replies to this thread in this forum and in the GBL forum.
The '' swine flu pandemic'' excuse was a lie; the management was and is struggling economically, but, they say the can support the team for this season, trust me, many people of the state of Baja dont believe we could play baseball this year, but we still trust this managament, we'll just have to wait for this.

Aleeets
Site Admin

Post by Aleeets » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:17 pm

what about this news huh?

http://www.krgv.com/sports/story/ULB-Co ... XnMQw.cspx

comments please.

and to all squirrells, tijuana salutes you....

Return to “ULB”