2007 AFL Prospects

The Arizona Fall League (AzFL) forum
GoBlaze
Site Admin

2007 AFL Prospects

Post by GoBlaze » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:20 am

So who is everybody looking forward to seeing? The AFL seems to have become a good indicator of which prospects are going to make an impact in the near future.

For my Dodgers, Chin-Lung Hu will be there after a big 2007 that ended with a cup of coffee in September. Xavier Paul and Greg Miller also have a chance to re-establish their prospect status'.

For my Bakersfield Blaze, former players Chris Davis, John Mayberry Jr., Danny Ray Herrea, and Taylor Teagarden will be there. Current player Elvis Andrus (only 19 years old!) will be there too, though on the reserve list

Jack Jackity Jack
Site Admin

LaPorta... ""LaJackage" The Total "LaPackage"

Post by Jack Jackity Jack » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:48 pm

As Milwaukee and Gator fan....I personally can't wait to see Mr. Big Fly himself....Matt LaPorta! He has proven to be the real deal no matter what bat you put in his hand. LaPorta is a fun a player to watch as I can recall in recent history. His ability to change the score of a game with any swing is for real and has been for a very long time....Based on the stats I dug up...He has hit a HR on an average of once every 10 at bats !!! This is nothing short of Amazing! Apparently he owns every HR record dating back to his Little League days in Port Charlotte FLorida. He he has kept his 1 per 10 average from his High School HR record through smashing the UF all time record and even now into the minors!.

LaPorta should be called La Bomba! He is without a doubt "The Total Package...In my research ...I read a quote by his colleg coach stating that Matt was the only player he can recall coaching who he could play "anywhere on the field". At first I wondered about pitching... ...however I saw that after not having pitched since HS, he pitched ih in the Cape All Star game a few years back and was the highlight of the game..I have to agree with coach Mac! He is "TPKG" a fan and a coaches dream....all in one!

I believe he is just what MLB needs with all the steriods and lies....a natural HR hitter combined with a genuine personality and a true respect for the god, game, other players, the coaches and officials and his fans! Get ready Milwaukee fans .... we are going to have a lineup as powerful as the MLB has ever seen once Matt joins in!

Go Crew!

JJJ

Return to “AzFL”