Tucson Uniforms

The Pacific Coast League (PCL) forum
aardvark
Site Admin

Tucson Uniforms

Post by aardvark » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:03 am

The new Tucson Padres unis came out--to me, they are butt-ugly. They are of the same lettering of the SD Padres of the '78-'84 era. Since it appears that the Padres AAA team will be in Tucson for some time (as the San Diego-area stadium is currently on life support), I would imagine the unis will be changing again very soon, as I can't see many people buying them. The bad part about all this for MLB Padres fans, is that there are rumours the MLB club will also be going back to those uniforms very soon. Ugh.

Fez
Site Admin

ehh

Post by Fez » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:38 pm

They aren't great, but I don't hate them.

I actually like the logo.
Subscribe to Dayton Pro Sports Daily News: http://paper.li/f-1313642591

aardvark
Site Admin

Post by aardvark » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:18 am

Sorry, Fez, I am from San Diego, and I had to live through those unis (albeit a different color scheme) when the Padres wore them. I didn't like them then, and still don't. I don't mind Tucson's colors, but the font...plus the cap would be good as the BP cap. I'll put it another way--I have caps of all Padres farm teams, but that will stop with Tucson. When I go to Tucson this summer, I will proudly wear my Portland Beavers cap.

smallballfan
Site Admin

Post by smallballfan » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:10 pm

They're not going to care what cap you wear as long as you buy a beer. :-)

aardvark
Site Admin

Post by aardvark » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:13 am

Well, after all, it is Tucson and it will be summer time, so I am in agreement with you. Besides, don't forget, beer is food too.

Colonel
Site Admin

Beer is Food!!!

Post by Colonel » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:53 pm

I agree.

Sadly - the Tucson Padres are no more. they are in El Paso ---=

However, the Freedom Professional League is attempting to place a team in Tucson -- but it appears as if the city does not want them there --- I hate to see Tucson without any baseball.....

Return to “PCL”