What is AAA?

The Pacific Coast League (PCL) forum
Minor League Mania
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Mania » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:35 pm

BSF is sounds like you are a fan of the traditional way Minor League Baseball teams work. I can't fault you for that. All though whether it be good or bad it looks like more and more of the MLB teams are going the route that the Braves are and owning thier own tema/stadiums close by. As metioned earlier Atlanta has both Rome (1 hour drive) and Gwinnett (30 minute drive) near Atlanta. Rome has been around a while and seems to be as stable as a single-A team can be. As for Gwinnett I think the issue in not can they make money as much as it is can they make profit. Their is also tems in High-A Myrtle Beach and Pearl/Jackson Mississippi. I think the Braves may own the Mississippi stadium but I am not possitive. If Rome draws better than average but Gwinnett is below average would that not even out? I agree that the locally owned teams are more traditional and put a larger importance on winning, attendance and maybe even all around entertianment. The Braves have always proved that developing players in more important than a certain minor league team winning. They pull the best players up to the Major no matter where they are in the standings come playoff time. I think Richmond will bounce back the same way Greenville did. What a beautiful pallpark they have there now! People in Richmond will get things together and AAA or AA baseball will return better than ever with a new ballpark I hope. Great are for baseball.

Buffalo Super Fan
Site Admin

Post by Buffalo Super Fan » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:59 am

[quote=""Minor League Mania""]BSF is sounds like you are a fan of the traditional way Minor League Baseball teams work. I can't fault you for that. All though whether it be good or bad it looks like more and more of the MLB teams are going the route that the Braves are and owning thier own tema/stadiums close by. As metioned earlier Atlanta has both Rome (1 hour drive) and Gwinnett (30 minute drive) near Atlanta. Rome has been around a while and seems to be as stable as a single-A team can be. As for Gwinnett I think the issue in not can they make money as much as it is can they make profit. Their is also tems in High-A Myrtle Beach and Pearl/Jackson Mississippi. I think the Braves may own the Mississippi stadium but I am not possitive. If Rome draws better than average but Gwinnett is below average would that not even out? I agree that the locally owned teams are more traditional and put a larger importance on winning, attendance and maybe even all around entertianment. The Braves have always proved that developing players in more important than a certain minor league team winning. They pull the best players up to the Major no matter where they are in the standings come playoff time. I think Richmond will bounce back the same way Greenville did. What a beautiful pallpark they have there now! People in Richmond will get things together and AAA or AA baseball will return better than ever with a new ballpark I hope. Great are for baseball.[/quote]

Yes I am more of a traditional minor league guy because it has worked for years why change? Plus Buffalo is 8 hours from New York Mets NL team New York City by car or 1 hour by airplane close enough for the New York Mets in my opinion.

Plus what you and pounder's way can't work in all Major League markets because in my opinion there simply to small like a Pittsburgh and Kansas City that live on revenue sharing for profit that is another story that in my opinion is a joke for there poor loyal fans to be nothing more then a writeoff for there owners pocket shameful.

Pittsburgh and Kansas City I hope they enjoyed those World Series championships from the past because I see none ever in there present with bad owners like that they have in my opinion. Anyway those two cities as a example are in no position to own there own minor league triple-a teams.

And like I said before becareful what you want because if triple-a ever left territorries like Buffalo, Columbus and Indianapolis open it leaves them open for rebel outlaw leagues like what the old Federal League of 1914 and 1915 was and both Buffalo and Indianapolis had teams in those league in the Buffalo Blues FL and Indianapolis Hoosiers FL.

Major League Baseball would have to be crazy to leave Buffalo for more Gwinnett's and Lake whatever, California where the Portland Beavers are moving to in the city of San Diego suburb. I don't believe that Major League Baseball owners would be that stupid to leave healthy minor league baseball markets for all there suburbs that is crazy in my opinion.

But if they do good luck to them but I can make a guarantee Buffalo would be picked up by the independent Atlantic League and that spells trouble for the new MLB minors think about it you two. Buffalo would be totally independent with no rules of only 144 games or september 1 callups to ruin playoffs no the season has to be over by september 21 to not take away from the MLB World Series and Playoffs.

We could have as many games as 162 and we aren't in MLBPA and MLB jurodiction to dictate what we can or can't do. Buffalo and Columbus could play in October and there would be nothing MLB could do about it. No way is MLB that crazy in my opinion.

Buffalo could take away young stars or older stars on the way down. Yours and pounders new MLB city suburbean new minor leagues would see cost go up because of the competition for players to play in your new league and also take care of old cities like Buffalo's and Indianaplis and Columbus's major league markets in other sports that you two kicked out because you need a player in 15 minutes that makes no sense to me.

But either way my Buffalo Bisons are playing baseball with over 1/2 million fans attending each year. Plus what are you going to do with all the extended travel? If Buffalo went Atlantic League our travel is less then the IL not more being in the great lakes Buffalo is a ideal location between the eastern seaboard and midwest.

All I know is Buffalo has baseball one way or the other no matter what league you and pounder dream up. Think about it Buffalo was once in the Eastern League when Buffalo brought back baseball in 1979 again to Buffalo. Buffalo fits in almost every minor league except the PCL and west coast leagues and the sun belt leagues. Buffalo would fit in the IL, EL and Midwest League to name a few plus independent Atlantic League. Plus who knows maybe Buffalo just joins a new league that is started by business people that want to take advantage of the crazy way MLB went into all the suburbs of MLB teams that says fail to me.

But the bottom line Buffalo isn't going any where in baseball in my opinion plus our owner who is a billionaire. He has as much money if not more then the two major league owners we have in Buffalo with the Buffalo Bills NFL and Buffalo Sabres NHL. I can sleep at night as a Buffalonian knowing my triple-a team isn't going any where with our good attendance and our great owner Bob Rich who is a billionaire.

We will see about all this new latest trend stuff. It could go the way of disco and leisure suits? I hope you two are prepared for that? The one thing we know the Buffalo Bisons are going no where but getting ready for 2011 and beyond. Let's Go Buffalo
Last edited by Buffalo Super Fan on Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:06 am, edited 4 times in total.
The above post is in my opinion and I have no proof or link. I am just a Buffalo sports fan.

Return to “PCL”