Mexican League fans

The Mexican League (ML) forum
Strike Three Called
Site Admin

Mexican League fans

Post by Strike Three Called » Fri May 26, 2006 1:47 am

Hello everyone!

I'd like to know if there are any Mexican League fans north of the border, and what team do you root for.

Greetings!

Bruce B
Site Admin

Post by Bruce B » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:02 pm

Yes, I'm one of them. I write about the LMB every month for OurSports Central and Baseball Guru, and I out out a six-page monthly newsletter and have a website called VivaBeisbol.net you may want to check out.

TyM
Site Admin

Aguascalientes

Post by TyM » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:24 am

I like the team in Aguascalientes, my dad is managing for them right now. It looks like the team is not doing too well, I hope they improve!

DCNationals
Site Admin

Post by DCNationals » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:47 pm

I root for the Potros de Tijuana, but what is even more fun is the Liga Norte de Sonora, which is in the semifinal round of its playoffs now. The Marineros de Ensenada, Tijuana's farm team, play to perpetual sellouts, and beer is only $1.50... (With no stupid seventh inning cutoff, either...)

GoSportsCards
Site Admin

Post by GoSportsCards » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:02 pm

Can someone explain something to me about the Mexican League.

Is the Mexican League really AAA? Minor League Baseball lists it as AAA but I don't see any team affiliations with the Mexican league. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Joe
www.MinorLeagueAutographs.com - A community that enjoys helping you get autographs & talking about your team!

rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:01 pm

[quote=""GoSportsCards""]Can someone explain something to me about the Mexican League.

Is the Mexican League really AAA? Minor League Baseball lists it as AAA but I don't see any team affiliations with the Mexican league. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Joe[/quote]

They rank it there based on the talent within the league, not because of the affiliations.
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

DCNationals
Site Admin

Post by DCNationals » Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:41 pm

All the teams in the Mexican League (LMB) are independent, and pay (and own) their own players. However, they are part of "official" minor league baseball. The "AAA" rating is a holdover from 30 years ago when the league really was on a par with the International League or the PCL. Today, the talent could best be described as somewhere between Strong A level but below AA level

The Liga Mexicana del Pacifico (LMP) which plays in the winter from October to January is a much higher level league, and should be considered AAA.

The third league in Mexico, the Liga Norte de Sonora (LNS) is a feeder league for the Mexican league, and its teams have affiliations with Mexican League teams. It should be considered short season A level.

CoachKP
Site Admin

Mexico Tournament

Post by CoachKP » Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:40 am

Just wondering if any of you have contacts in Mexico... we don't have High School ball in our part of Canada but we have a team that trains all winter and we are investigating a tournament in Mexico... the players are all 16 - 18 years old. Any info would help.
Thanks,
Kevin

digitalballparks
Site Admin

Post by digitalballparks » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:10 pm

We checked out a few ballparks in Tecate and Juarez... both have held professional baseball and are in great shape. The photographs are listed under "All Ballparks By State". Scroll down to Mexico

Eric
President
http://www.digitalballparks.com
An online baseball stadium museum featuring over 12,000 Hi-Res photographs of ballparks from yesteryear and today.

hector nachez
Site Admin

Post by hector nachez » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:24 pm

whats the take on Walton? i hear we May bring in Montaous Walton a right handed infielder for a workout, he is a very good player with strong arm and good speed, i hope we do that will be a good deal :p

Return to “ML”