What do you think about the Iron Pigs?

The International League (IL) forum
GoSportsCards
Site Admin

What do you think about the Iron Pigs?

Post by GoSportsCards » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:06 pm

I personally like the name and the logo is pretty cool looking. I also like that it is in Allentown which is closer to me then Scranton. I'm looking forward to making it to a few games in 2008.

I heard a rumor that they may actually be the AA team and they may move the AAA team to Reading. I don't know if there is any backing to that but it's definitely something to think about.
www.MinorLeagueAutographs.com - A community that enjoys helping you get autographs & talking about your team!

sportsguy12
Site Admin

No truth to the rumor

Post by sportsguy12 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:12 pm

[quote=""GoSportsCards""]I personally like the name and the logo is pretty cool looking. I also like that it is in Allentown which is closer to me then Scranton. I'm looking forward to making it to a few games in 2008.

I heard a rumor that they may actually be the AA team and they may move the AAA team to Reading. I don't know if there is any backing to that but it's definitely something to think about.[/quote]

The AA team will remain in Reading and the AAA in Allentown.

Decal
Site Admin

Post by Decal » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:36 am

If you don't judge them by their record, the 2008 Lehigh Valley Ironpigs (1 word, not 2) had a great inaugural season. J.A. Happ was one of the dominant pitchers in the International League and also played a key role in the Phillies' push for the pennant. Although he was only 1-0 with the Phillies, the Phils won every game he started, including one against Johan Santana and the NY Mets. And at the end of the AAA season Ironpigs fans got a glimpse of Phillies future ace, 21 year old Carlos Carrasco. The Ironpigs drew over 600,000 fans in the 2008 season and were rewarded by landing the AAA allstar game in 2010. 2009 should be another great year. Can't wait for opening day on April 9.

Return to “IL”