Clemmons to pitch for Trenton?

The Eastern League (EL) forum
zuma jay
Site Admin

Clemmons to pitch for Trenton?

Post by zuma jay » Wed May 09, 2007 6:15 pm

Anybody know if Roger Clemmons will pitch a few innings for the Trenton Thiunder prior to his rejoinning the NY Yankees?

If so, look for Waterfront Park to sell-out quickly and perhaps beat the record crowd that showed up for the Red Sox-Thunder exhibition game.

Fells
Site Admin

Post by Fells » Wed May 09, 2007 6:30 pm

[quote=""zuma jay""]Anybody know if Roger Clemmons will pitch a few innings for the Trenton Thiunder prior to his rejoinning the NY Yankees?

If so, look for Waterfront Park to sell-out quickly and perhaps beat the record crowd that showed up for the Red Sox-Thunder exhibition game.[/quote]

I wouldn't be shocked if he did, but of course that would mean that he actually took time away from his golf game. Oh wait, that may be considered a road trip, so he may not be contractually obligated to do any minor league work.

dmbishop
Site Admin

Post by dmbishop » Wed May 09, 2007 7:47 pm

If his past history is anything, expect 1-2 weeks of 'training' in Kentucky, one start in Tampa (Class A), and one start in either Trenton or Scranton before he goes to the Yankees. Maybe one start in each place if he feels that he needs more innings.

Don't be surprised if his first start is against the Red Sox, June 1,2,3.

Odie
Site Admin

Post by Odie » Mon May 14, 2007 1:24 am

Who's Clemmons? I've never heard of him. However, I've heard of Roger Clemens though.

dmbishop
Site Admin

Post by dmbishop » Tue May 15, 2007 8:34 pm

May 23 - Trenton vs. Portland (possible ESPN telecast)

Get your tickets now. The website is already running slow. Ironically, Portland is the Red Sox affiliate.

Return to “EL”