NYPL Changes for 2013

The New York-Penn League (NYPL) forum
EHL Historian
Site Admin

NYPL Changes for 2013

Post by EHL Historian » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:40 am

Multiple reports indicate that the St Louis Cardinals will not renew their affiliation agreement with Batavia.
That franchise has been up for sale and is supported and partially owned by the Rochester Red Wings who would benefit from a sale...

Where will the Cardinals place their NYPL team???
Will Batavia move to a new location and where will that be???

GoCyclones!
Site Admin

Post by GoCyclones! » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:28 am

My guess is Batavia stands pat for 2013 and will shuffle once that ballpark situation in Ottawa is straightened out. Assuming it's Erie going to Ottawa, that's where Batavia will go, or possibly to the new WVU park being built in Morgantown. Although the snarky Ballpark Digest says that won't happen. A cool website run by a bunch of tools.

This is the only level that could expand and I wish they would. I'd love for a team to go back to where the NJ Cardinals were or even New Haven or Atlantic City.

GoCyclones!
Site Admin

Post by GoCyclones! » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:35 am

I just read that Jamestown has requested and received permission to relocate to Morgantown if that park gets built. So Batavia would probably fill the void by the EL team going to Ottawa.

ca
Site Admin

a nypl team ...

Post by ca » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:30 am

moving into an old el city makes sense as to where it just might be NH

BallparkBiz
Site Admin

Website Alternative

Post by BallparkBiz » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:36 pm

[quote=""GoCyclones!""]Although the snarky Ballpark Digest says that won't happen. A cool website run by a bunch of tools.[/quote]

Feel free to join us on three-year-old BallparkBiz.com, where we know a lot, but we're not know-it-all tools. We welcome open exchange and discussion.

Alan

GoCyclones!
Site Admin

Post by GoCyclones! » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:06 am

Alan, I'm on your site all the time (under another alias) and I've actually been meaning to comment on my appreciation of the fact that you engage in dialogue yet never in a condescending, snarky way like the other site. Which begs the question, how can it be a site providing customers a service, with little expertise in customer service, so to speak? That's another topic. Thanks, Alan!

Return to “NYPL”