Will the Kinston Indians repeat?

The Carolina League (CarL) forum
LightningMan
Site Admin

Will the Kinston Indians repeat?

Post by LightningMan » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:59 pm

I have no idea. I just thought it a shame there was no talk here whatever. I'm about two hours or so from Kinston and a big Cleveland Indians fan originally from Ohio, so I am becoming a Kinston fan. Hopefully someone else will show.

JoesFan
Site Admin

Count me in...

Post by JoesFan » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:32 pm

Nah, the Myrtle Beach Pelicans will win the second half of the season! :p
Actually, I have no idea either, but I am a frequent visitor to the South Coast League (independent baseball) forum, and was hoping I'd see some spirited discussions in here as well.
I'm a fan of all teams in SC: Clemson Tigers (NCAA), Anderson Joes (SCL), Charleston Riverdogs (SAL), Greenville Drive (SAL), Myrtle Beach Pelicans (CAR)
JoesFan :rolleyes:

kekemortson
Site Admin

Hello Carolina League!

Post by kekemortson » Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:51 pm

Hey Joes Fan! Fancy meeting you here... :rolleyes:

I was checking in on the Carolina League board as well....I grew up just outside Winston-Salem and remember watching them when they were the Red Sox, Spirits, and the current Warthogs. I have not been to a Winston-Salem game in several years now, but I love Ernie Shore Field! Great park to enjoy a game....

JoesFan
Site Admin

Affiliated Team fans have other options?

Post by JoesFan » Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:59 pm

Hey KEKE,
I was looking at the number of posts in the affiliated leagues vs. the Independent leagues. Indy league posts outnumber the affiliated league posts 10 to 1. :confused:
I guess the affiliated league fans must have other avenues for information.

Anyway, I was just guessin' about the Pelicans, but it looks as though my statement was prophetic. The Pelicans are on fire - now leading the southern division! :D

JoesFan

JoesFan
Site Admin

Of Course, I have been wrong before...

Post by JoesFan » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:42 am

[quote=""JoesFan""]Nah, the Myrtle Beach Pelicans will win the second half of the season! :p
[/quote]

The Birds have now dropped to third ... :(

GoSportsCards
Site Admin

Post by GoSportsCards » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:57 pm

How about those Blue Rocks! Even though they are now part of the Kansas City Royals organization (I can't believe they went back to them from the Red Sox). It looks like they are going to ride on into the sunset with the 2nd half finish. They will probably end up fighting Kinston in the end.
www.MinorLeagueAutographs.com - A community that enjoys helping you get autographs & talking about your team!

JoesFan
Site Admin

How'd they do that?

Post by JoesFan » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:45 am

I for one never saw that coming! I mean, they (Wilmington) finished EIGHT GAMES BELOW .500 (30-38 ) in the first half of the season! :eek:

GoSportsCards, do you have any idea how they did that? Some new hot prospect mid-season pickup? :confused:

JoesFan

Return to “CarL”