Cal League Final 4

The California League (CalL) forum
GoBlaze
Site Admin

Cal League Final 4

Post by GoBlaze » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:45 am

Not that anyone here will read this, but the 2nd round of the Cal League playoffs start tonight with Visalia taking on San Jose and Lancaster vs. Lake Elsinore.

The Hawks have been dominating the League all season so they are prob the odds on favorites to win the title, but they haven't played a game in almost a week and are without MVP Bubba Bell (although they played well even after he left during the season.). Lake Elsinore is a strong offense but not as good as Lancaster's, the JeyHawks prob win the South Series.

The Oaks have been the surprise of the Cal league, without a single true "superstar" player they had the best overall record in the North division and swept the Nuts in the first round . (despite going up against Pitcher of the Year Brandon Hynick in game one). San Jose has only been a .500 club since the all-star break and themselves are without a real superstar player. They do have a solid team and probably a superior bullpen and manager compared to Visalia, but I personally like the Oaks in this series.

We'll see how it turns out, right now I say it ends with the JetHawks defeating the Oaks in the Championship

GoBlaze
Site Admin

Post by GoBlaze » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:52 am

San Jose up 2-0 after some great pitching. Series going back to Visalia for games 3 and (maybe) 4. The Oaks still have a shot but it's gonna be tough.

Storm and JetHawks are tied 1-1 going to Lake Elsinore. This could be a slugfest all the way to game 5. I still like Lancaster, though.

GoBlaze
Site Admin

Post by GoBlaze » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:01 am

Hector Ambriz with a solid start for the Oaks and Visalia is still alive, wining game 3. It's now 2-1 San Jose.

Lake Elsinore wins round 3 of the sluggfest series, 9-2. The Storm are nowup 2-1 and are one win away from upsetting the Cal League's top team.

GoBlaze
Site Admin

Post by GoBlaze » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:08 am

San Jose and Lake Elsinore each win game 4 and their series. Looks like I was wrong with both picks. The championship is now between the San Jose Giants and the Lake Elsinore Storm (Padres).

Return to “CalL”