California League should come to Chico!

The California League (CalL) forum
ChicoOutlawsFan
Site Admin

California League should come to Chico!

Post by ChicoOutlawsFan » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:26 pm

I just saw an new Facebook fan page pop up in support of bringing a minor league baseball team to the City of Chico and representing the California League. After two attempts with independent ball, once with the beloved Chico Heat of the Western Baseball League and the Chico Outlaws of the hapless Golden Baseball League, I think the fans have had enough of indy ball and would like to see MiLB come to the area. Chico State University, home of Nettleton Stadium (which was renovated for the Heat), is about to pull the plug on the Outlaws and the GBL's participation in using their facilities. Thus, talk has surfaced about wanting to bring affiliated ball to Chico and get a brand new stadium built for the team somewhere in the city.

Once word gets out about the campaign on Facebook, I am sure it will be picked up by the sports news media and an official website will be created to help spread the word and drum up major support for a team. The area has suffered with unaffiliated indy baseball long enough. Be sure and check out the new FB fan page at this link:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring-the ... 3244773379

It just launched, so there isn't much there at the moment. I would to have fans' opinions about the California League possibly coming to Chico and sending the GBL packing! :D

GoCyclones!
Site Admin

Post by GoCyclones! » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:05 pm

Hmm interesting. I'll check out the page. There are two Cal League teams looking for new homes (Bakersfield and High Desert) but they may need the assurance of a new ballpark to be lured away.

logoguru
Site Admin

Post by logoguru » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:31 pm

Maybe it's where the Blaze will end up.
________
Washington medical marijuana dispensaries
Last edited by logoguru on Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:34 pm

I have a thought that, should negotiations in Escondido go south, the Beavers may wind up taking over Lake Elsinore and the single A team there ends up in Chico.

One piece of advice: Facebook is limited. A website supplemented by Facebook is a much better setup.
Mean Spirited Blogger #107

Buffalo Super Fan
Site Admin

Post by Buffalo Super Fan » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:37 am

[quote=""Pounder""]I have a thought that, should negotiations in Escondido go south, the Beavers may wind up taking over Lake Elsinore and the single A team there ends up in Chico.

One piece of advice: Facebook is limited. A website supplemented by Facebook is a much better setup.[/quote]

Pounder isn't there any like single-a stadium in the Portland area for the Portland Beavers to play until either a new baseball stadium in Portland or this gets settled with a permanent new out of town city for the Beavers just wondering? Because like in the Buffalo area we have a old single-a Sal Maglie Stadium in Niagara Falls.

Also your city mayor in Portland Adams is a piece of work in my opinion. I heard him spouting off nonsense to one of the Oregonian sports writer in a newspaper radio interview going on about the Portland Winter Hawks and do your homework to the sports writer what a joke.

What is done is done but the mayor shouldn't be saying do your homework and just answer the questions don't make it worse about going on about homework and the Portland Winter Hawks WHL needed Memorial Coliseum.

Hello earth to Portland mayor Adams the Portland Winter Hawks could have played at the Rose Garden. I realize he is proabley protecting Portland Trail Blazers NBA interest but atleast don't come off as a piece of work to the Portland sports interviewer and to the Portland Beavers fans. The more you hear from political people like that the more you can see why nothing got done for the Portland Beavers in Portland. Let's Go Buffalo
The above post is in my opinion and I have no proof or link. I am just a Buffalo sports fan.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:57 pm

Here's a look at some of the options in Portland:
//www.oursportscentral.com/service ... id=4083033

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:51 pm

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2010/s ... bby-brett/

I think this answers the questions about whether any current Portland venues are even single-A ready. I really should post the same link elsewhere given its relevance in at least the obvious two other leagues.

Other questions closer to this board's animus: is the move of two teams to the Carolina League still an option? What of the Ventura County ballpark proposal? What's bubbling out of the High Desert at this point?

Buffalo Super Fan
Site Admin

Post by Buffalo Super Fan » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:56 am

I guess the thing that I don't get with the Portland Beavers PCL is this let's get them to some single-a city in California like that is the answer? I just don't get it. I mean put yourself in Oregon shoes I talking the whole state. Your just going to watch a business in the area and in the state just go out of state and do nothing to try and by time for a year or two until a stadium can be worked out in Portland, Oregon. None of these cities in California have triple-a baseball stadium done deal. Why on earth is the state of Oregon sitting on there buts doing nothing but watching this happen?

It is like take it California or anyone there garbage the Portland Beavers PCL I don't get it. See that is what I don't get. If that was my elected leaders of my states attitudes towards things epecially business and community asset yeah I would be very disappointed not just Portland but the whole state of Oregon if I lived there.

I will give you a example. Brooklyn got the Brooklyn Cyclones in the NYPL I was happy for Brooklyn, New York because the state of New York created a business that is good for the state why let it go to Vermont or something like that. I don't know if I will ever get there in my lifetime to a Brooklyn Cyclones game even through I been to Brooklyn, New York many times because my mom's side of the family was from there. Brooklyn Cyclones doesn't affect my area of the state of New York, Buffalo. Other then the Brooklyn Cyclones are Buffalo Bisons IL single-a team in the New York Mets farm system which Buffalo is apart of. But I am happy as a New Yorker for Brooklyn because it was in my state of New York not Vermont or Rhode Island etc.

Same with the New Jersey Nets moving back home to New York where they came from during the Doctor J. days of the ABA. Brooklyn, New York is building a new arena and will get lots of potential events and sports teams like arena football, indoor lacrosse, hockey and of course the NBA New Jersey Nets so Brooklyn, New York will be major league again does that affect Buffalo, New York no. But as a New Yorker I happy for Brooklyn and for the state of New York for creating new business and tax revenue.

I don't get the mind set in saying here take the Portland Beavers by the local and state leaders of Oregon to California or any state that will take them. I am sorry I missing something understanding why there not trying to say here we can do this for you if California deal is falling through. I see more I guess then the people of Oregon do. As a outsider I don't get it maybe it is a Portland/Oregon thing to let a business go without even trying to buy time with a temporary solution of maybe some kind of single-a or college baseball park or even play at where the Oregon Ducks PAC-10 or Oregon State Beavers PAC-10 play until something is worked out in Portland, Oregon.

Atleast the team and the taxes stay in Oregon. I just don't get it sorry. Let's Go Buffalo
Last edited by Buffalo Super Fan on Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
The above post is in my opinion and I have no proof or link. I am just a Buffalo sports fan.

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:01 pm

Lake Elsinore and Escondido are suburbs in major league markets. Past that, I'll post some answers to Portland questions in a more appropriate place.

Buffalo Super Fan
Site Admin

Post by Buffalo Super Fan » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:45 pm

[quote=""Pounder""]Lake Elsinore and Escondido are suburbs in major league markets. Past that, I'll post some answers to Portland questions in a more appropriate place.[/quote]

In major league markets that will be playing second or third fiddle to major teams in other sports teams one that will in my opinion be a failure. Two California is struggling right now there no way the political people in charge are going to build a fancy new triple-a baseball stadiums when Sacramento can't get a new arena for the NBA Sacramento Kings they might move or Los Angeles with the NFL needing a new stadium.

Ask yourself pounder which is the better investment for California a triple-a baseball stadium for the Portland Beavers PCL or a NFL Stadium in Los Angeles that can host two NFL teams like the New York Jets/Giants new stadium in New Jersey plus host Super Bowls in Los Angeles for the next 50 years and still California says no? No way is California building a new triple-a stadium for the Portland Beavers PCL not happening.

I think this deal with the Portland Beavers isn't going to happen at all inless the PCL wants to play in a single-a stadium forever which will happen if the Portland Beavers PCL move there. California is one of the most differicult states to get public funding from not going happen in my opinion. The San Diego Padres NL are lucky they got there baseball stadium when the economy was better. The San Diego Chargers NFL have done everything but jump up and down and no state money to them so far.

But suddenly the state of California is going to fund a triple-a baseball stadium for the Portland Beavers PCL I don't buy it at all. I don't get why the city of Portland and the state of Oregon don't comeback to the table? I think the whole thing was a sham by the Portland political leaders and the state of Oregon leaders at this time did not want triple-a baseball for some reason why I have no idea? Lots of luck getting major league baseball, NHL or NFL in that political sports environment in my opinion in Oregon. Forget California there even worse then Oregon in my opinion of getting anything stadium related done. Let's Go Buffalo

Return to “CalL”