New Bowling Green Team

The South Atlantic League (SAL) forum
wildcatky200
Site Admin

New Bowling Green Team

Post by wildcatky200 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:09 am

Will The new Franchise in Bowling Green be put in the Northern Division and HIckory moved to Southern Division?

MikeH
Site Admin

Post by MikeH » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:16 am

[quote=""wildcatky200""]Will The new Franchise in Bowling Green be put in the Northern Division and HIckory moved to Southern Division?[/quote]

Nothing has been set in stone at the moment.

There is talk about the restructing of the Midwest League and the South Atlantic League.

Minor League Baseball has the thought that the Bowling Green team, and the Lake County Captains are better off in the MWL.

Do not quote me about this happening, because I do not know for sure. It is something I had heard.

I would say to leave them alone because no matter what, the southern most teams still have a lot of travel to head to New Jersey.

If you yank Bowling Green, might as well take Lexington as well, even Lakewood.

To be honest, Minor League Baseball feels more like the NCAA.
**HOMETOWN CLUBS**
Durham Bulls (Class AAA International League)
Carolina Mudcats (Class AA Southern League)
Winston-Salem Dash (Class A Advanced Carolina League)
Greensboro Grasshoppers (Class A South Atlantic League)
Burlington Indians (Rookie Appalachian League)
**CINCINNATI REDS' AFFILIATIONS**
Louisville Bats
Carolina Mudcats
Dayton Dragons
Billings Mustangs

Captain Invader
Site Admin

Lake County and Bowling Green to the MWL

Post by Captain Invader » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:47 pm

I was told by a front office employee of the Lake County Captains that it was already a done deal. That once Bowling Green got a team, it was already approved for the Captains and the Bowling Green team to be shifted to the Midwest League.

I myself welcome the move... With the SAL, far too many games against Delmarva... seems like every time I go to a Captains game it is versus the Shorebirds...

Baseball Insider
Site Admin

Post by Baseball Insider » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:03 pm

I heard it is a done deal too. I am surprised LC has so many games against Delmarva with Lexington and Charleston, WV being about five hours away. The SAL seemed to have enough teams in the North, but probably a good move for everyone, I guess.

wildcatky200
Site Admin

New Bowling Green Team

Post by wildcatky200 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:03 pm

According to the Bowling Green pro baseball website the 2009 Schedule is all SAL league games. Look's like they won't be in the Midwest league next year.

wildcatky200
Site Admin

New Bowling Green Team To Move To Mwl In 2010

Post by wildcatky200 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:24 pm

It look's like the new team in Bowling Green wil play in the SAL in 2009, then move to the MWL in 2010.
Travel distances, geographic alignment cited in change

By ROB HERBST, The Daily News, rherbst@bgdailynews.com/783-3238
Thursday, September 4, 2008 11:52 AM CDT

Bowling Green’s as-yet-unnamed Minor League Baseball team won’t be staying in the South Atlantic League.

Bowling Green and Lake County (Ohio) will move from the SAL to the Midwest League prior to the 2010 season, minor league officials announced.

Return to “SAL”