Vancouver Canucks affiliated with the Portland Pirates

The American Hockey League (AHL) forum
PaulD
Site Admin

Vancouver Canucks affiliated with the Portland Pirates

Post by PaulD » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:44 am

Could the Vancouver Canucks become the next affiliation with the team in Portland Maine? The Buffalo Sabres have purchased the Rochester Americans. leaving the Portland Pirates without an affiliation. Manitoba Moose will be heading to PEI and will not be affiliated with the Canucks.

Does that leave the Canucks Portland in the heartland of Bruins fans?

robster2001
Site Admin

Post by robster2001 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:24 am

If this happens -- and I haven't found any news articles to confirm it (yet) -- that would leave the Florida Panthers and Vancouver Canucks without current AHL affiliations... and the Chicago Wolves and Portland Pirates looking for partners. My sense is that the AHL silly season is just getting started... :)

NWsportsfan
Site Admin

Post by NWsportsfan » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:15 pm

Looks like the Pirates went with Phoenix and the Wolves went with Vancouver. That leaves Florida without an AHL team and the San Antonio Rampage without an NHL affiliation after the other dominos fell this silly season. Only other domino left to fall is the name of the new St. John's team.
Additional: Looks like the two teams mentioned joined forces, only leaving the name of the new St. John's team up in the air.
Last edited by NWsportsfan on Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Update in information

Return to “AHL”