Coaching disipline

The North American Hockey League (NAHL) forum
PEK
Site Admin

Coaching disipline

Post by PEK » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:47 pm

It is a shame that coaches can't enforce disipline with own players without owner interferring. See attached newspaper article out of the Bismarck Trib.

Litke resigned Tuesday in a dispute with owner Thom Brigl over team rules. Some players violated curfew after the team was given a warning that there would be zero tolerance for any more incidents.

Litke had deals in place to send those players elsewhere. Brigl stepped in and overruled him, prompting the coach to resign.

"I was always big on accountability, and if I stayed, I wouldn't have been accountable to myself," said Litke, who by Thursday was weary of the whole situation.

summerfan
Site Admin

Post by summerfan » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:12 pm

Its good that coaches can't in away.I have been involved in jra hockey.If coaches had there way it would be a mess.

ibeme
Site Admin

Post by ibeme » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:54 pm

Its a shame that for some players, its not really about hockey. Try hosting a party boy in your home sometime...not much fun, more like chaos. some players don't care what they put their coach, the team, or their host family through. In the end, its all about them.

MoistTrout
Site Admin

Post by MoistTrout » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:04 am

No matter what sport you are talking about, the coach has to deal with the players and should be the one setting he rules. Thats all part of being a coach. If the owner has a big enough problem with the rules the coach sets, then he can replace the coach. If players know the coach doesn't have the last word on rules, that takes away from the respect a coach must have from his players.

Return to “NAHL”