Site Admin

Jets Want to Get Word Out ... 7-17

Post by PigOut » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:19 am

Beloit Newspaper -
http://www.beloitdailynews.com/articles ... ts1705.txt

GM: Jets Are Rock County Team

Jim Franz, Sports Editor

July 17, 2009

JANESVILLE — They may be the Janesville Jets, but General Manager John McCally hopes the whole of Rock County and Beloit in particular embraces the new Junior A hockey team.

That explains why Bill McCoshen, the team president, will be on hand for Beloit’s youth hockey golf fundraiser at Glen Erin Golf Club today.

The Jets clearly want to get the word out. They’re here for all hockey lovers.

“Hockey fans in general are really loyal and there are a lot of them in Rock County,” McCally said. “Even though we’re the Janesville Jets we see really see ourselves as a Rock County entertainment option and an exciting and affordable one at that.”

McCally said the Jets hope to average 1,000 fans per night. The capacity at the Janesville Ice Rink, with standing room only, is somewhere between 1,300 and 1,400.

“We anticipate there will be some sell-outs,” McCally said. “We’re going to be very promotionally active every night. We’re getting some great sponsors lined up. We want to have a great fan experience.”

While the hockey aficionado will want to check out the Jets, McCally said sports fans in general will be pleased with the experience as well.

“We hope people looking for affordable entertainment in the Beloit area will make the short trip to Janesville to see what we’re about,” he said. “Maybe they’ve never been to a hockey game before. This is an opportunity to see top-notch hockey from some of the best Junior A players in the country.”

McCally, a Minnesota native, sees the Jets as a tremendous benefit to the sport locally.

“There are wonderful youth hockey programs throughout Rock County,” he said. “Now with the Jets here I think it’s going to elevate the interest in hockey in general and get even more people involved with the sport.

“For me this is a dream opportunity because I can combine my love of hockey with my marketing, business and PR background.”

McCally said the Ice Rink’s renovation is on schedule for the team’s exhibition opener Sept. 5.

“Season tickets go on sale (today),” he said. “We’re certainly on track. Everything is progressing on schedule. It’s going to be like night and day here at the rink and the quality of hockey is going to be outstanding.”
Bacon & Eggs ..... A days work for a Chicken; a life sentence for a Hog!

Return to “NAHL”