Site Admin

Post by Ellis05 » Thu May 24, 2007 3:33 am

Whatever happens Justin Chewdorak has a place to play in OKC :D

qcmallards5
Site Admin

Post by qcmallards5 » Thu May 24, 2007 9:49 pm

It's official:
QC Flames Step Up to AHL

I was sad to see the Mallards name go, but overall this should be a better situation for hockey in the Quad Cities. The AHL is actually better geographically here than the UHL was. If Port Huron folds, then things aren't looking too good for the "U".

freddypuck
Site Admin

Bye Bye UHL

Post by freddypuck » Tue May 29, 2007 2:14 pm

Chicago will announce that they are ceasing operations today.

That leaves 5 teams with Flint as one them. I still dont see Bob Perani wasting his money on a UHL league of 5 teams. Toledo can't get a venue open fast enough and without Flint the league becomes 4

So I bet that Kzoo, Muskegon, Bloomington, and Fort Wayne all end up in the CHL. The UHL ceases operations.

Brosal will move on to take B2 networks down......

Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff » Wed May 30, 2007 1:51 am

I'm hearing a lot of stuff and Chicago folding is not envolved in any of it. I've heard that there is a merger/takeover emminent. Someone said they called the Hounds office and it was confirmed the aren't folding and when they asked about a possibility with the CHL, they got a "no comment."

BreakersFan
Site Admin

Post by BreakersFan » Wed May 30, 2007 2:21 am

[quote=""freddypuck""]Chicago will announce that they are ceasing operations today.

[/quote]

Ok, it is 9:20 CST and no announcement.....So I guess the Hounds still live

freddypuck
Site Admin

Not over 'til the fat lady sings

Post by freddypuck » Wed May 30, 2007 7:44 pm

I heard that the Sears Center won't forgive the huge debt that Margenau left for Craig and that they gave him crappy dates for next year as well as huge rent for UHL level team.

Craig is no dummy, he won't do it. so unless he has a new place to play next season, then the Hounds will go bye-bye.

It will come out this week or next, The UHL hasn't even hired a commish, Dick is gone after tomorrow. If there will be no commish then there will be no league.

Also heard that they cancelled their meetings in Detroit for the end of the week. Don't need to hold a coaches, GM and marketing meeting if there is no league.

radiodavel
Site Admin

Freddy - sources

Post by radiodavel » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:25 pm

ask your sources about the change of managers at the Sears Centre?
http://www.dailyherald.com/news/cooksto ... c=c&tc=&t=

Wrong people are gone...

Detroit meetings?

http://www.pantagraph.com/articles/2007 ... 732688.txt
McBurney said the Thunder will continue to be a member of the UHL, the league will have a minimum of six teams and possibly as many as eight, and that a final decision will be made before the league’s annual meetings June 18-21 in Las Vegas.

maybe it's bye bye freddy and not the Hounds!

radiodavel
Site Admin

Post by radiodavel » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:09 pm

Freddy -

I should have not doubted you, my source informed me today about the Hounds and that they may have closed the doors today...when I am wrong, I say I'm sorry, I'm sorry

BreakersFan
Site Admin

Post by BreakersFan » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:12 pm

Sitting down to a meal of crow:

Freddy was right. The Hounds have indeed been euthanized.

So the United League is down to five, including a shaky Flint franchise whose sale has not yet been completed.

freddypuck
Site Admin

Don't worry about the meal...

Post by freddypuck » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:05 pm

Not looking for anyone to eat crow.... hard to tell on these boards what is real and what is not.

http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/journalgazette/17329124.htm

I only try and post what I hear and see. I do talk to people in the leagues regularly and as I have said before, I have worked with many of them over the years. I don't go to the league media director for info. He works for the league why would he give me anything good to go with. Gotta talk to the people who make the decisions.

Only thing left is the announcement that the UHL and CHL will be merging. Actually probably more like the CHL has decided to absorb the remaing teams.

Is actually sad for the cities losing out but is probably better in the long run since the CHL has been much more stable than the U in recent years.

Return to “IHL”