Any talks of compensation by K-Wings ownership to IHL?

The International Hockey League (UHL) forum
zcientist
Site Admin

Any talks of compensation by K-Wings ownership to IHL?

Post by zcientist » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:09 am

I'm curious if this will ever play out in a court of law.

If league bylaws aren't illegal or unconstitutional, will the "I" have the resources to fight for their just compensation(if clearly stipulated in the bylaws).

My guess on what the league could get $$$ from the Wings ownership: $300K. If that owner believes he has pockets that deep to give the ECHL a try, what's a little over $1K per game over a three year period(per league bylaws) to compensate the "I". It's a shame the nice fans in Kalamazoo have to be put in the middle of all this, but Wings ownership needs to compensate and the "I" needs to enforce their bylaws or some other team will think they can leave the league at the drop of a hat.

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:44 pm

[quote=""zcientist""]I'm curious if this will ever play out in a court of law.

If league bylaws aren't illegal or unconstitutional, will the "I" have the resources to fight for their just compensation(if clearly stipulated in the bylaws).

My guess on what the league could get $$$ from the Wings ownership: $300K. If that owner believes he has pockets that deep to give the ECHL a try, what's a little over $1K per game over a three year period(per league bylaws) to compensate the "I". It's a shame the nice fans in Kalamazoo have to be put in the middle of all this, but Wings ownership needs to compensate and the "I" needs to enforce their bylaws or some other team will think they can leave the league at the drop of a hat.[/quote]
So, is your last name Newman, Shriver, or Haines?

Just curious...
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

Return to “IHL”