Global tips its hand — either Belton or Independence

The Central Hockey League (CHL) forum
Shootmaster_44
Site Admin

Post by Shootmaster_44 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:28 am

[quote=""Pounder""]Phil Anschutz controls Staples Center AND the Kings. I don't see that one in the cards.

Nashville has stayed put because the city subsidizes the team. If that goes away, well...[/quote]

He also controls the Sprint Center, which is why the rumors swirl. However, the Kings will stay in LA, if anything I'd think AEG is looking for an NBA tenant for the Sprint Center. Does AEG own both the Lakers and the Clippers? If so, I'd wager a guess that the Clips might be heading to Kansas City in the near future, partly to lessen the load on the Staples Center.

rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:16 pm

AEG doesn't own the Clippers.
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

SeaToby
Site Admin

Post by SeaToby » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:22 pm

[quote=""rams80""]Because the Sprint Center has been focusing on attracting a NHL tenant? Why move to a place you'd have to leave in a year or two?[/quote]

Unfortunately, Kansas City isn't the largest market wishing for a NHL team, Houston is twice as large. If I were a betting man, I would bet on Houston getting a NHL club earlier than Kansas City.

rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:59 pm

[quote=""SeaToby""]Unfortunately, Kansas City isn't the largest market wishing for a NHL team, Houston is twice as large. If I were a betting man, I would bet on Houston getting a NHL club earlier than Kansas City.[/quote]

There is marked opposition within the league for putting another team that far South. Kansas City also is empty, as opposed to Houston, where you have to contend with the Rockets for arena dates.

Kansas City is ahead of Houston in NHL priorities.
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

djchuckc
Site Admin

Post by djchuckc » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:44 am

Rams80-

It's been a great hockey season here this year. The arena is sweeet.
Go Tulsa Oilers!

Return to “CHL”