Future CHL Cities...

The Central Hockey League (CHL) forum
LandRoverUT60
Site Admin

Future CHL Cities...

Post by LandRoverUT60 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:59 pm

I've heard that Yuma, AZ, is a possible location of a new CHL team. Are there any other possible cities for a CHL team?

phydeaux72
Site Admin

Post by phydeaux72 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:42 am

I believe that Yuma is in for 07-08. It also looks like Rapid City is leaning toward the CHL for 08-09.

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:09 am

[quote=""phydeaux72""]I believe that Yuma is in for 07-08. It also looks like Rapid City is leaning toward the CHL for 08-09.[/quote]
No, Yuma's 08-09.

But Rapid City could join that year as well.
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:20 pm

Belton, Mo. (KC suburb)
Springfield, Mo. (although a possible AHL candidate, John Hammond is behind a new arena project there and he has serious bucks)

rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:51 pm

[quote=""Minor League Man""]No, Yuma's 08-09.

But Rapid City could join that year as well.[/quote]

I'll believe Rapid City when I see the press release.
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

MissionHead
Site Admin

San Antonio (yeah right)

Post by MissionHead » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:54 am

I sure wish San Antonio could fall back to the CHL. I like the AHL but the Spurs/Panthers/Coyotes haven't iced a succesful team since the Rampage have been here. We made the playoffs only once and got swept.

I think the Spurs (since Spurs/Coyotes contract ended) should really look into the CHL again for the Rampage before talking with the yotes again or any other NHL team. :cool:

The CHL was a fun and entertaining hockey league. :rolleyes:

CHL in SA!!! :D
Get-R-Done Missions!! :D

Shootmaster_44
Site Admin

Post by Shootmaster_44 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:48 am

I wonder if the CHL has designs on moving into Canada? If Rapid City comes on board, I wonder if they will start to hit North Dakota/Montana and look at some Canadian cities for teams? In a few years, Saskatoon will have a new 5,000 seat arena on the University Campus that would likely need more than simply the Huskies to sustain it. I wonder if someone would put a CHL team in that? I know I'd be behind professional hockey here in the city.

Then again I'm the same guy who gets behind every professional team that rolls through here. I end up disappointed in the end, as I always end up being the only person who cares about these clubs.

jjbballfan
Site Admin

Post by jjbballfan » Wed May 16, 2007 2:32 am

Rapid City will get a hockey team when there new arena is finished it just depends on wether its USHL or CHL.

I am from Spearfish which is 45 miles down the road and have family in Rapid and am wondering what league is better. I have watched Sioux City play and was awazed with talent and community support. The USHL is junior hockey meaning that the majority of the kids are high school age playing for a scholarship. The CHL is from what I understand AA hockey mainly low prospects and has beens. I am supporting the USHL as of right now because I have heard that there is a good chance that the NHL will in some way or another affiliate themselves with the league.

Honestly which league would be better for R.C. a community of 60,000 with a new 5,000 seat hockey arena?

Site Admin

Post by 903 » Thu May 17, 2007 11:42 am

I would think that the demographics would support either a CHL and ECHL franchise. Both are minor league, but both have some great players and provide for great hockey entertainment. The USHL is good too, but it may not bring in the secondary financial support, i.e. ticket sales, advertising dollars, etc., needed to operate an arena of that size.

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Fri May 18, 2007 6:19 am

[quote=""MissionHead""]I sure wish San Antonio could fall back to the CHL. I like the AHL but the Spurs/Panthers/Coyotes haven't iced a succesful team since the Rampage have been here. We made the playoffs only once and got swept.

I think the Spurs (since Spurs/Coyotes contract ended) should really look into the CHL again for the Rampage before talking with the yotes again or any other NHL team. :cool:

The CHL was a fun and entertaining hockey league. :rolleyes:

CHL in SA!!! :D [/quote]

Bring back the Iguanas

Return to “CHL”