Future CHL Cities...

The Central Hockey League (CHL) forum
SeaToby
Site Admin

Post by SeaToby » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:07 pm

As has been noted before, many CHL clubs fly a charter between Denver and DFW or Denver and San Antonio, Memphis, Phoenix, etc., especially the larger airports. Why? Its cheaper than the bus. Of course, this depends on the road trip as well. For example, while they may ride the bus between San Antonio, Laredo, McAllen, and Corpus Christi, they will fly to South Texas and catch their bus there, especially from the Denver area.

LandRoverUT60
Site Admin

Post by LandRoverUT60 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:34 pm

Hopefully New Orleans would work out for the CHL. However, while I'm not sure on the dimensions of the building, some people in St. George, UT are trying to put in an ice rink (or two) in an empty warehouse. I'd have to check for seating, but I'd like to see hockey in Southern Utah.

After all, St. George and Washington County (UT) have more people than Vail or Eagle County, CO.

What do you think of a possible St. George CHL team?

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:41 pm

[quote=""LandRoverUT60""]Hopefully New Orleans would work out for the CHL. However, while I'm not sure on the dimensions of the building, some people in St. George, UT are trying to put in an ice rink (or two) in an empty warehouse. I'd have to check for seating, but I'd like to see hockey in Southern Utah.

After all, St. George and Washington County (UT) have more people than Vail or Eagle County, CO.

What do you think of a possible St. George CHL team?[/quote]
That would sound awesome!

Anybody have any updates as to the Allen or Independence teams? (I know the arenas are being built on schedule, but I haven't heard about the teams in a while)
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

nksports
Site Admin

some links of interest

Post by nksports » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:22 pm

LandRoverUT60
Site Admin

Post by LandRoverUT60 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:13 pm

Have there been any new developments out there, like in Vail or anywhere else?

LandRoverUT60
Site Admin

Post by LandRoverUT60 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:23 am

I guess I'll answer my own question: Independence, MO is in. Just go check the league news.

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:29 am

[quote=""LandRoverUT60""]I guess I'll answer my own question: Independence, MO is in. Just go check the league news.[/quote]

http://www.kansascity.com/115/story/1140890.html

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:17 am

I'm trying to figure out a good nickname for Independence. I've already got their ad campaign figured out.
You put Harry Truman in a goalie outfit, saying "The Puck Stops Here."

I'm stuck between the Presidentials and the Saints (the LDS connection from the 1800s).

LandRoverUT60
Site Admin

Post by LandRoverUT60 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:02 am

[quote=""nksports""]
I'm stuck between the Presidentials and the Saints (the LDS connection from the 1800s).[/quote]

As one of the LDS faith, similar thoughts ran through my head. Another idea along those lines could be Pioneers (a name that's kicked around boards all over for naming Utah-based teams) or Settlers (something I actually got from the overall winner of a UniWatch design-a-logo contest for the Oklahoma City NBA team last summer), something that could also envelop the whole western frontier theme.

If they go more presidential, try making a logo similar to the New Hampshire Primaries, but of course more hockey-fied.

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:59 pm

I say let's go with LandRover's idea and have 'em be the Independence Pioneers

1. It was acquired via the Louisiana Purchase.
2. Lewis & Clark stopped there on their famous expedition to get some wild fruits and vegetables.
3. It was the starting point of the Oregon Trail (as paid homage to in the famous computer game)
4. As he said, the LDS folks used that as one of their starting points on the big trip to Utah.
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

Return to “CHL”