Future CHL Cities...

The Central Hockey League (CHL) forum
Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:05 pm

No problem!

The Wildcatters would be a perfect fit in the SteelHounds' old division-right by the Brahmas, Mudbugs, and RiverKings...As for the Hounds, they'd form a strong Ohio connection with Dayton, Cincy (if they stay around), and Toledo (for '09-'10).

Can't wait for the offseason!
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:02 am

[quote=""Minor League Man""]My guess is they'll be "trading leagues" with the Texas Wildcatters...The 'Catters will change their "locale name," my guess is the Southeast Texas Wildcatters.[/quote]

The CHL may move into Beaumont, but it won't be the Wildcatters organization.
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:03 am

[quote=""djchuckc""]I was informed in another thread that Youngstown plans on pulling out of the CHL after this season? Anyone here have any info on this?[/quote]

Would ICC-Global allow a non-CHL team into one of their barns?

djchuckc
Site Admin

perhaps

Post by djchuckc » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:19 am

If Youngstown were to sever all ties with Global itself, which may be the case, then that could happen I guess. There seems to be very bad blood developing between the two. I don't know enough about the situation to state any certainties, but corporate relations don't seem to be going well between the two organizations.

Springfield, MO would be a great place for a team. There is room for an arena at the fairgrounds there, with extensive work they might be able to squeeze one into the current indoor rodeo arena. When the CHL was the CHL (before the merger) they would go into places like Springfield and install ice. That's how it was done for the Iguanas, they went into Freeman Arena and just installed ice. Poof, hockey team.
Go Tulsa Oilers!

Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:28 pm

[quote=""rams80""]The CHL may move into Beaumont, but it won't be the Wildcatters organization.[/quote]

Wrong. The ECHL Wildcatters have transferred membership to Ontario, CA but before that was done, a deal was struck to sell the team to a local owner and she is currently looking at the CHL or the SPHL.

[quote=""nksports""]Would ICC-Global allow a non-CHL team into one of their barns?[/quote]

It's no longer a Global barn as their contract expired and was not renewed.

rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:40 pm

[quote=""Geoff""]Wrong. The ECHL Wildcatters have transferred membership to Ontario, CA but before that was done, a deal was struck to sell the team to a local owner and she is currently looking at the CHL or the SPHL.

[/quote]

I think a new owner would indicate that it's a different organization n'est-ce pas?

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

djchuckc
Site Admin

Nice

Post by djchuckc » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:26 pm

Would be nice if they went into the CHL. More opportunity, more teams to play against.
Go Tulsa Oilers!

Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:58 am

[quote=""rams80""]I think a new owner would indicate that it's a different organization n'est-ce pas?[/quote]

Ownership can change with out the organization changing. Bauer Hockey was Bauer Hockey when it was Bauer Hockey. It was the same organization when Nike owned it. It is still the same organization since Nike sold it.

djchuckc
Site Admin

Dodge City?

Post by djchuckc » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:39 am

From reading the report on Dodge City it doesn't look like the CHL plans on going in there, monster trucks, pro-wrestling and arena football look to be tops on the list.
Go Tulsa Oilers!

rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:26 am

[quote=""Geoff""]Ownership can change with out the organization changing. Bauer Hockey was Bauer Hockey when it was Bauer Hockey. It was the same organization when Nike owned it. It is still the same organization since Nike sold it.[/quote]

I'm tempted to say apples and oranges here. How much of the front office is being retained?

-tony-o

-Chuck the Writer

Return to “CHL”