SPHL New Teams

The Southern Professional Hockey League (SPHL) forum
KLM Line
Site Admin

Post by KLM Line » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:16 pm

rams80 wrote:You need to have an icemaker in addition to having a barn (and I believe the place is literally a barn).
That was my point. There might be places that could hold a hockey rink, but there isn't one that has everything nescesarry already in place, which is what SPHL teams need, as they are not able to spring for a new system and the renovation to an existing facility.

adsco
Site Admin

Drug Induced Fantasies And Hallucinations?

Post by adsco » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:59 pm

rams80 wrote:Ok, now we're starting to veer back into drug induced fantasies and hallucinations. What CHL team is close enough to the SPHL to make a go of it? Besides Richmond and Roanoke, what UHL teams could hack the travel? ECHL teams dropping down?-the "success" of Pee Dee kind of shoots a hole in that theory.
Pee Dee was "mismanaged"! And, what teams could hack the travel beside Ronake, and Richmond? None. The SPHL won't allow them in if they are not in a feasible traveling distance. Minor Pro hockey seldom works if it is not promoted - you don't just announce that you have a team and open the doors, and expect it to work.

And, by the way Augusta is in the ECHL.

Also, most guys that are put in charge of teams, might know Hockey; but not business. This is why there are so many failures. Check out some research on the Birmingham Bulls (CHL amd ECHL), and other teams, its the same old story almost everytime. The "absentee" owner is also a good one!

Kind of strong language for "friendly message board" isn't it? Check the facts next time 'ole buddy.

rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:42 pm

Well I'm confused now.

Seriously, what did I say that was not factual?
Last edited by rams80 on Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

#1 Guard Fan
Site Admin

Post by #1 Guard Fan » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:57 pm

There is no telling on this place

dgjordan
Site Admin

Post by dgjordan » Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:42 am

#1 Guard Fan wrote:The rumor now is that both current Fl teams will fold. I am glad to see that Pee Dee got a new ownership group and is willing to get the fans back into the game. I am hoping for a 10+ team league next year
Oh please, please, please, tell me that this is just a rumor! I can't go on without hockey in Central Florida.........

#1 Guard Fan
Site Admin

Post by #1 Guard Fan » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:41 am

Like I said it was a rumor. Hopefully they will still be around next year. I have heard Daytona Beach might be coming to the SPHL next year too. That would be great to have 3 Fl teams maybe that would help better with a fan base having three teams to compete interstate

dgjordan
Site Admin

retain, attract, expand

Post by dgjordan » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:51 am

#1 Guard Fan wrote:Like I said it was a rumor. Hopefully they will still be around next year. I have heard Daytona Beach might be coming to the SPHL next year too. That would be great to have 3 Fl teams maybe that would help better with a fan base having three teams to compete interstate
yes, but there is always some truth to every rumor - hopefully not this one!

Just listened to the Seals broadcast. Perhaps there WILL be a team in DB sometime soon!

Have you heard any more on the VA team(s) hopefully coming to SPHL?

Mike4FireAntz34
Site Admin

Post by Mike4FireAntz34 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:55 am

I think Richmond is getting a team next year.

rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:13 am

dgjordan wrote:Oh please, please, please, tell me that this is just a rumor! I can't go on without hockey in Central Florida.........
Count heads next time you're in the arena. If around 2000 or less, the team's in trouble.
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

ytse123
Site Admin

Post by ytse123 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:15 am

rams80 wrote:Ok, now we're starting to veer back into drug induced fantasies and hallucinations. What CHL team is close enough to the SPHL to make a go of it? Besides Richmond and Roanoke, what UHL teams could hack the travel? ECHL teams dropping down?-the "success" of Pee Dee kind of shoots a hole in that theory.
Does anyone remember the IHL .. you know the minor league that became so bloated and travel costly to survive? I believe it had teams in arizona, west canada, california, florida, texas mdwest and northeast....sound familiar?
"Thank God there's still a sport for middle sized white boys"- Youngblood

Return to “SPHL”