GPBL Director of Officials opening

formerlyknownasfells
Site Admin

GPBL Director of Officials opening

Post by formerlyknownasfells » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:28 pm

GPBL DIRECTOR OF OFFICIALS JOB DESCRIPTION

GPBL engages Director of Officials to provide and perform officiating services, organize, direct, and supervise GPBL Officials. Director of Officials agrees to provide and perform basketball officiating services on the terms and conditions set forth. Director of Officials to provide GPBL rule book with assistance of the GPBL league office.

Director of Officials agrees to perform the officiating supervising services to the best of his/her ability. Director of Officials agrees to comply with and apply the rules, procedures, specifications, and performance criteria for officiating and conducting all contests. Director of Officials agrees to conduct himself/herself in a manner that will not bring discredit to the GPBL or its member clubs/franchises.

Director of Officials does not and is not required to officiate/work exclusively for GPBL.

GPBL will not direct or control the actual officiating by the Director of Officials on a regular basis, except in unusual circumstances; provided, however, that GPBL, specifically GPBL Director of Officiating, shall assign Official to officiate games, events, or competitions and reserves the right to establish rules, procedures, specifications and performance criteria applicable for GPBL officials and to periodically evaluate the performance of Official.

Director of Officials services will be paid for on a basis of a contract rate per team, competition or event, rather than on a salary or hourly rate. All payments shall be paid to Official by the GPBL office. Director of Officials will be paid extra if he/she needs to officiate a GPBL contest. It is assumed the Director of Officials will be the Crew Chief for any game he/she works.

Director of Officials shall provide training sessions for the Officials prior to the beginning of the season for the purposes of teaching and instructing GPBL rules and procedures. Director of Officials agrees to attend and participate in such sessions and any other camps and/or clinics required by GPBL for its officials.

Director of Officials will report to the Director of Basketball Operations.

For more information, please contact Chris Munson at 888-412-4725x503 or e-mail chris@thegpbl.com

The GPBL is an Equal Opportunity Employer
"Of all of the things I have lost, I think I miss my mind the most."

robster2001
Site Admin

Post by robster2001 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:13 am

I wonder if Tom Chichester is still reading OSC... :)

Return to “Opportunities”