Is the site OK?

robster2001
Site Admin

Post by robster2001 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:13 pm

[quote=""Sam Hill""]It's not my business.

Allowing misinformation, conspiracy theories and stupid takes to populate a site - good business model.[/quote]

It is working for Facebook right now.

suge night
Site Admin

Post by suge night » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:02 pm

Robster2001, is on point

Originally Posted by Sam Hill View Post
It's not my business.

Allowing misinformation, conspiracy theories and stupid takes to populate a site - good business model.

Sam's statement takes on what most message boards consist of differing points of view some theory and even misinformation, while agreement on subject matter will differ and probably not even gain support that is all well and good. After all its the message board where most of that is taking place.

Now if you want to question the direction the site is going or has taken, feel free but what exactly has the new ownership said or not said they intend to develop the site into? appears they are settled with selling ad space based around the content, not number of views or membership.

Or that they have any interest in pulling more minor league fans here to get news about their teams, now these are things we don't really know but based upon the silence that theory is not without merit, would this site scale if more minor league fans were to visit regularly for news on their teams no question about that.

But under the current format what Sam say's is a problem draws a few new faces daily if for no other reason than to read the message board it works, maybe not on a scale of growth many would question based around the life line of the site but it does allow some ad dollars revenue exchange.

In closing I'll leave this with you: Ronald Reagan's
Former White House Chief of Staff Michael Deaver
was asked a question about appearance of a president?
He responded by saying appearance is very important, (staging)
How you stage the message is more important.
(It's Game) after all it's game isn't it.
:cool:
Last edited by suge night on Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:23 am

[quote=""robster2001""]It is working for Facebook right now.[/quote]

And it needs to be stopped.

Just like 4th and his ilk.
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

Hollywood
Site Admin

Post by Hollywood » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:27 am

The message board thing may have passed the world by.

I had not been here for 6 years! I just logged in because nlfan.com / aabfan.com had their board shut down by tapatalk for inactivity and wanted to see if somebody here knew what happened. I know traffic there was way down.

I don't blame moderators. Sites I used to check daily (or in season) no longer exist, or never get posts.

robster2001
Site Admin

Post by robster2001 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:17 pm

With today's announcement, it appears my answer has been found.

And that answer is "it wasn't, but it soon will be".

Shootmaster_44
Site Admin

Post by Shootmaster_44 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:51 am

[quote=""afdave""]Not sure why you are mentioning Paul... maybe it wasn't very publically mentioned, but, Paul sold OSC off last year to Infinity Sports, so, Paul has been MIA because it isn't his site anymore.

To that extent, whereas when it was just a guy with some passion running it, people probably felt like it was more "personal"... now it is part of a "corporate cog", whether that affects how people feel about it... don't know.[/quote]

I had no idea Paul had sold it. But the announcement he has resumed control of it seems that things will be running far better than they have been.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:11 pm

Updates have already started, with many more to come! Great to be back.

Joe In Birmingham
Site Admin

Post by Joe In Birmingham » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:17 am

[quote=""preeths""]Updates have already started, with many more to come! Great to be back.[/quote]

Oh, thank heavens, you are back! Great news! Paul, thank you for all of your hard work and effort through the years. Please keep us updated as to any changes. Best wishes.

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:41 pm

HELLO? HELLO Hello...

ECHO Echo echo...

Anyone? One one...
Mean Spirited Blogger #107

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:46 am

I've been having trouble with the boards. On some of them, as soon as I sign in, I get a big black box that covers everything. I can get in on my phone or tablet, but that's a pain in the patoot. I still look in from time to time.

Return to “Announcements”