MidWest Basketball League Welcomes The Chicago Flights

bluecatsguy
Site Admin

MidWest Basketball League Welcomes The Chicago Flights

Post by bluecatsguy » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:25 pm

MWBL Welcomes The Chicago Flights

The MidWest Basketball League is excited to announce the addition of the Chicago Flights for the inaugural MWBL season, scheduled to tip off in April of 2011. The Flights are owned by Kendrick Holmes of Chicago.

"We are very excited to add Kendrick and the Flights to our roster of teams for our inaugural season", MWBL President Chip Rossetti said. "Chicago is a great market for us and Kendrick is the right guy to make this team a success. Plus, Chicago fits perfectly into the geography of the MWBL and the other teams that we will be announcing soon."

"We are really excited about joining the MidWest Basketball League", Holmes said. "Bringing another professional basketball team here in Chicago will be great for the city and any community that we decide to have are home games in. And the most important thing for me is that we will have have an opportunity to give back to those of need, evident in the fact that we are a non-profit organization. I really appreciate what Chip Rossetti is doing with the MWBL. I'm just gearing up everything for next year and I want
everyone to stay in tuned by checking out updates on our website and on the league website."

Kendrick Holmes is joined in his ownership by his wife Akeeta. Holmes was born in Chicago and has made the Windy City his home his entire life. He attended Sengstacke Prep High School and played only one year of basketball at Sengstacke, averaging 17 points a game before transfering to Harper High School. He attended East-West University and majored in English-Communications. Kendrick has received many free agent camps invites from pro teams such as CBA Gary Steelheads,Dakota Wizards, Skyforce, and the IBL Chicago Heights Soldiers, and Battle Creek Knights.

The Flights will be releasing more information in the coming weeks, including their first head coach, as well as the home venue. Fans can check out the Chicago Flights website at www.chicagoflightsbasketball.com.

The MWBL has also launched its new and improved website at www.mwbasketballleague.com.

Return to “Announcements”