QMJHL

Paul S
Site Admin

QMJHL

Post by Paul S » Tue Dec 23, 2003 3:00 am

I was watching a Bruins game on NESN and they mentioned that Ray Bourque was going to put a team in Boston in the same league that Patrick Roy had a team called the 'Q'.

It has to be the QMJHL but has anyone heard of the team in Boston since?

jayme2008
Site Admin

Post by jayme2008 » Sat Dec 27, 2003 9:43 pm

He does want to put a team in the qmjhl in boston.But there are some major probleams first the league has already said there will be no more expanson untill 2006.And at that the league is lookign at adding some very big requirements one of them is a team would have to sell so many season tickets before the league would fully grant them a team.He does have a another choice and that is buy a current team and move it to boston.But yet another probleam and that is there is a list of cities who want major team and are ahead of boston.

hockeygirl
Site Admin

Post by hockeygirl » Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:39 pm

We just got a junior team in my hometown. They are great we named them the Lewiston MAINEiacs. I think that a team in Boston would be great! My town is supporting of our team and Im sure boston will do just the same for thier team to be. Junior teams are great every town should have one.
~GO MAINEIACS~

E5
Site Admin

Post by E5 » Sat Feb 28, 2004 12:45 am

And I used to think the Dub was spread around. The Q is trying to rival the ECHL for distance it seems. :wink:

I've never liked the idea of so many American based teams in the CHL. The mandate should be to develop Canadian talent in Canadian cities. I'd much rather see some strong American Major Junior leagues develop with a dedication towards American players.

fleury_fanatic
Site Admin

Post by fleury_fanatic » Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:23 am

I agree that the CHL should be made up of stricly all Canadian Hockey Teams. I don't like American teams in the CHL, but yes I do understand there are some Canadian in the AHL, which I don't think is right. I also think that Eastern Canada should have its own NHL team, but thanks to the poor record of the Halifax Airport, we do not have our own National Hockey League team, which sucks.
GO EAGLES GO! YOU\'RE MY HERO, FLEURY!

poplin
Site Admin

Post by poplin » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:52 am

Return to “Junior Hockey”