Mwhl?

whoopee23
Site Admin

Mwhl?

Post by whoopee23 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:57 pm

Anyone heard any nes about this new proposed league? Website at http://www.themwhl.com

radiodavel
Site Admin

Post by radiodavel » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:55 pm

found this

New Midwest based
2007-04-14 22:11:21

Attn all graduating seniors of ACHA D-1 Programs.

There is a new "A" pro league froming in the MidWest region. We are focused on and dedicated to the growth and development of the players in order for them to reach the "AA" and higher levels of Pro Hockey. The Inferno are one of the teams based in Illinois, if you are interested in getting tryout information once dates are released please email your hockey resume to danvilleinferno@sbcglobal.net the league website is almost done it will be at http://www.themwhl.com

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:37 pm

We running out of players to stock our leagues?
"Attn all graduating seniors of ACHA D-1 Programs"?????????? (scratches head in wonder)

No offense to anyone, but most club players don't have the juice to play pro hockey. Otherwise, they'd be playing for a varsity team and not a club team.

During the hockey wars in Fort Worth, the WPHL Brahmas raided the CHL Fire's roster. The Fire went into Wichita for a pre-season game with a bunch of club players and got hammered. Needless to say, the Fire had to dump them all (they were still terrible that year).

nksports
Site Admin

Second question

Post by nksports » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:44 pm

Does this mean the NEHL is done (or at least in Danville?)

Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:15 am

[quote=""nksports""]We running out of players to stock our leagues?
"Attn all graduating seniors of ACHA D-1 Programs"?????????? (scratches head in wonder)

No offense to anyone, but most club players don't have the juice to play pro hockey. Otherwise, they'd be playing for a varsity team and not a club team.

During the hockey wars in Fort Worth, the WPHL Brahmas raided the CHL Fire's roster. The Fire went into Wichita for a pre-season game with a bunch of club players and got hammered. Needless to say, the Fire had to dump them all (they were still terrible that year).[/quote]
Some club player can hack it but they can really hurt themselves by playing for the ACHA. They'll get fewer looks and if they do they might not be ready for the pro level because of playing weaker opponents. A lot of players that can play hockey decided to go to the school they want and not always the best one for their hockey career.

I presume we'll see more NCAA D-III players in the MWHL And SPHL as not all D-I players go pro. A lot decide to use their major.

major league
Site Admin

Mwhl

Post by major league » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:05 am

I think this league could serve a purpose. The kids out of the ACHA and other club hockey leagues could use a place to develop. They will get the ice time they need to improve. I think if they are consistent with their work ethic in these leagues they should get better over time.
You will also get players who didn't make it in the CHL pr SPHL becasue of political reasons or because of guys that were sent down from higher levels.
Also there is nothing wrong with playing in a league with free ice and equipment. As long as these leagues (MWHL,MAHL,NEHL) stay within their limits they should be fine.
From what I hear the NEHL will be back next season.

MAHL(mid atlantic hockey league) - http://www.mahlhockey.com
Last edited by major league on Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

JohnDoe
Site Admin

Post by JohnDoe » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:56 pm

I live in Danville, IL and I talked to the GM from last years pounders team earlier today. I asked him about this MWHL and Danville Inferno team he told me he has heard rumblings of the MWHL but didnt know a lot about it and as far as he knows the Pounders probably wont be back but didnt know of any new teams for sure. He said he had tried to find ownership groups around the Danville area but all were iffy about the NEHL.

I have an email into both the danvilleinferno email and also the info@mwhl.com email about more information and have yet to get any reply.

As a hockey fan in Danville I just want hockey back. We have Eastern Illinois and Purdue University ACHA D-2 clubs and there are a couple of real good players on those teams but the rest are sub par.

JohnDoe
Site Admin

Post by JohnDoe » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:04 am

OH yeah the MAHL

I also asked the Old Danville GM about this league, He told me the following about what he knew. Supposedly a northern league similar to the SPHL in his estimation, Budgets will be to large for the Danville area to support because they will have to charge more per ticket to cover base expenses, Teams spread to far apart So far 3 in PA closest to Danville is 8 hours away.

Finally he mentioned a guy by the name of Andrew Haines ownes the league. He would not say anything about him but I did some research online and it seems as though this guy could be another shiester like Jim Cashman just with a little bit of money.

hopefully who ever is behind the 3 leagues NEHL (Jim Cashman), MAHL (Andrew Haines) and MWHL (??????????????) will finally get things rite and limit travel, keep budgets down and provide a good hockey product that is affordable for the fans. Oh yeah and pay their players and staff. (not sure but with the turn over Danville had a couple players I talked to at the games said they hadnt been paid for a while.)

rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:17 am

Haines? Well...that league's done.
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

radiodavel
Site Admin

MWHL on Hold Until 08-09

Post by radiodavel » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:20 am

4-29-07-The Midwest Hockey League, a single "A" professional hockey league, will
begin its inaugural season in November of 2008 with a 40 game schedule. The
Midwest Hockey League is designed as a "stepping stone" to the next level of
minor league hockey, and looks to have affiliation with double "AA" hockey teams
and leagues.

The MWHL is a regional minor league, which allows teams to keep costs down for
ownership and their fan base. The league's objective is to allow small
markets of 25,000 people and higher with adequate ice arena size and good
location to obtain and operate an "A" level professional hockey team and to
give their respective cities a pro franchise to be proud of.

The MWHL will start with approximately 6 to 8 teams in its first season; the league has set the following geographical area as the landscape for perspective teams. Western Ohio, Indiana, Southern Michigan, Southeastern Wisconsin, Central and Eastern Illinois and Northern Kentucky.

In the future, the league will announce its founding members, along
with publishing the official league website. As the future months move on,
the league will be looking to run promotional materials in each city where
teams are located as well.

With the timetable given this will allow teams up to a year to plan and prepare their cities for the new teams coming to the markets. “ We feel this will allow each of our founding teams the best chance of success not only for the 2008-2009 season but for many years to come.” The MWHL office commented. “We could launch in the 2007-2008 season but we would be giving teams like 3 months to prepare their entire operation, This would not be conducive for success, it would almost promise failure.”

For more information on the MWHL please visit http://www.themwhl.com or email
info@themwhl.com.

Return to “Minor League Hockey”