CPHL Changing Names

BCRantzilla
Site Admin

Post by BCRantzilla » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:59 pm

mitchg73 wrote:spell sentence right and maybe ill complete one eh and then we can talk ok..all your false spewd bull about waronker owning the sphl was false....why not admit it now ....the sphl is flourishing like i said 4-5 months ago .....lol just take a look at the classy gphl gchl nehl iha etc etc doesnt this always spell doom so why bother..i seriously doubt that any player will take this league seriuosly ..all they have to do a google search...they all spell DOOM
Why not post some evidence if you are going to accuse Cashman of something? You know why? Because he never stole from anyone, that's why. You tried to pull this on the 4hockeyfans board and are trying again now.

Jim may have failed but it was due to bad planning and lack of funding, NOT through illegal means as you have tried to claim here and elsewhere. I am not happy with his methods and not happy with the results but he has not, I repeat NOT stolen from anyone or handled himself or anyone else in a shady manner.
And that is all the people need to know!

mitchg73
Site Admin

Post by mitchg73 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:22 pm

BCRantzilla wrote:Why not post some evidence if you are going to accuse Cashman of something? You know why? Because he never stole from anyone, that's why. You tried to pull this on the 4hockeyfans board and are trying again now.

Jim may have failed but it was due to bad planning and lack of funding, NOT through illegal means as you have tried to claim here and elsewhere. I am not happy with his methods and not happy with the results but he has not, I repeat NOT stolen from anyone or handled himself or anyone else in a shady manner.
i havent said anything here about him stealing money...im just saying he has tried and failed way too many times.....bc are you cashmans croney or something dang dude chill out

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:22 pm

BC, Mitch, enough! PM or email each other if you're going to snipe. Otherwise, stick to the subject at hand and avoid the personal stuff. If you disagree with something said on another board, take it up on that board.

BCRantzilla
Site Admin

Post by BCRantzilla » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:19 pm

Back onto topic,

My prediction is that the newly renamed NEHL will not get off the ground. Unless something comes to light like new money or new private owners, I don't forsee a league happening.

As for the advertised tryout camps, I would advise any player not to go unless it is either A. cheap ice time or B. free ice time. Getting some skating in never sucks so take it for what it is without any expectations unless something big happens with this thing.

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:34 pm

Five minutes each for fighting, two minutes each for unsportsmanlike conduct, two minutes each for delay of board and a 10 minute misconduct for each. Each team skates full strength. (I'm not going to get in the middle of who gets instigation.)

mitchg73
Site Admin

Post by mitchg73 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:57 pm

nksports wrote:Five minutes each for fighting, two minutes each for unsportsmanlike conduct, two minutes each for delay of board and a 10 minute misconduct for each. Each team skates full strength. (I'm not going to get in the middle of who gets instigation.)
Good One.....

whoopee23
Site Admin

Post by whoopee23 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:43 pm

I wish these leagues (ie. NPHL, CPHL, IHA, IIHL) would get their act together. One problem is they post info on an official site before they can even verify if it will come to fruition. Maybe it would be better if they billed themselves a semi pro league?

BCRantzilla
Site Admin

Post by BCRantzilla » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:55 pm

Unfortunately this is something like this needs startup capital. Nobody involved in any of these entities were willing to put this up. The iihl was doomed to fail from the start because killbreath was looking to scam as many people as possible and run, (I got this from 12 player, coach and manager sources as well as 3 local newspaper reporters that this was what killbreath had done,) and he threw everyone around him under a bus to cover his tracks. (Which is why he is still pretty much in hiding.) The IHA was not going anywhere because of the alliance of Jim Cashman and Joe Kolodziej. Joe was a crook and 4 time convicted fellon heading back to jail, (where he still is now,) and Cashman had no money.

As for a website, it is a very good promotional tool and good for selling people and sponsors on the idea of a league. Sometimes you can tell a league is nowhere based on weather or not they have a professional looking website. The iihl's website was a total joke and guess what? So was the league. The IHA's site was a joke and again, so was the IHA. The CPHL had/has a nice looking site on the surface but the inability to post any stats is a red flag right there. The bottom line is that while a great website probably wont make a league, a crappy one can break it. Look professional and it looks good on you.

As for how they can bill themselves, if there is no money to begin with, you can't really bill yourselves at all. The CPHL was, at best semi-pro. The mistake was having a salary cap smaller than even lower level Quebec senior hockey leagues. In the south or southwest, this can work because there is no other forms of hockey to compare it to but ACHA if you are lucky. In Ontario, Michigan and the surrounding areas there is so much to compete with that a new semi-pro league just can't work if you can't compete with the other leagues in the area. The CEHL has worked because they beat the LNAH's expansion plans by a year or two and they survived a tough start to prove they can survive.

At this point it is hard to say where an A-Puck league can work. I don't think the last crop of enterpreneurs (spelling,) are going to be the ones to pull it off. This off season is going to be a big one for this level of the minors as the CEHL and LNAH could merge, (rumours all over the place but I'd like to find out more about that one,) the SPHL could either expand big or shrink again, the UHL is in a strange crossroads and even the AHL is looking to expand after what has to be considered a pretty bad year for them at the gate and with teams coming and going over the last calender year.

mitchg73
Site Admin

Post by mitchg73 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:03 am

BC ok now that all the sphl teams have made it through the season and my ice bears won the cup.............any news ..besides richmond making it an 8 team league......im sorry i should have posted this under sphl

BCRantzilla
Site Admin

Post by BCRantzilla » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:41 am

Flamebait, typical...

Off topic as well, also typical...

Return to “Minor League Hockey”