The AAHA Is Born

BCRantzilla
Site Admin

Post by BCRantzilla » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:01 am

[quote=""nksports""]The econimics of this league is not making sense. The largest rink used to which I can find details is the Motor City team at 3,000. Evansville and South Shore both play in rinks that seat 1,500. I couldn't find what the Rink in Battle Creek seats, but it didn't look like much (it was a parks and recreation dept. rink).

If I pay $2,000 a night in rent (and that would be cheap these days), that's $40,000 a season (for a 20-game home season). If I pay players $100 a game, that's $72,000 in player salary (for 18 players). I'm not going to even guess coaches' pay, insurances (of all types needed), training staff, team staff, travel costs (fortunately I don't think there are any overnight trips involved), office space, utilities, office supplies, etc.

If I sell out a 1,500-seat arena at $6 a ticket (what was on the Evansville site), I will get $180,000. Since adverstisers are only going to get 1,500 eyeball views a night, I'm not going to be able to charge a lot for advertising.
This doesn't look very promising.[/quote]

A-Puck can work as the SPHL has sort of proven in the last few years. You do need a larger arena than a 1500 seater if the rent is that high. You also need a hockey community that isn't already saturated, (which is why Danbury has always been a solid site.)

You also need to charge more than 6 bucks for all tickets. (You need to have prime seats at around 12 bucks a piece and 8 being the bare minimum.)

Advertising also depends on your online presence and what kind of radio deal you can land. If you can get creative and have a good salesperson you can potentially make out rather well but you need to be in a community that doesn't already have a bunch of junior, pro or college teams within close driving distance.
And that is all the people need to know!

MikeH
Site Admin

Post by MikeH » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:11 am

[quote=""nksports""]No, no, no. That's Joe Newman. AH will disappear for a few months and show up; let's see, he's been in indoor football, hockey, that leaves minor league basketball. Maybe he and Joe will come together.[/quote]

I know this is a late post on this matter, but I just found this post today.

You have convered that Andrew Haines has had minor league basketball, hockey, and indoor football, however, I saw no mention of minor league baseball.

I wanted to inform everyone that Andrew Haines was trying to get into minor league baseball. He had emailed me about owning a franchise in my Atlantic Coast League. I see the man is trying to get around the sports world and screw them over.
**HOMETOWN CLUBS**
Durham Bulls (Class AAA International League)
Carolina Mudcats (Class AA Southern League)
Winston-Salem Dash (Class A Advanced Carolina League)
Greensboro Grasshoppers (Class A South Atlantic League)
Burlington Indians (Rookie Appalachian League)
**CINCINNATI REDS' AFFILIATIONS**
Louisville Bats
Carolina Mudcats
Dayton Dragons
Billings Mustangs

BCRantzilla
Site Admin

Post by BCRantzilla » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:33 pm

Well it is looking like the AAHA will play this year but Killbreath's Crusaders won't be part of the league. It's hard to play when nobody will give you a lease because you are a criminal.
And that is all the people need to know!

Return to “Minor League Hockey”