The AAHA Is Born

JoeyJosephs
Site Admin

It Is A Bad Press Release

Post by JoeyJosephs » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:52 pm

BCRantzilla and Patmc16: You are both so right!

I operate a PR firm out of my home in Battle Creek and I wouldn't have released something this badly written (Remember, I posted it as is from their website).

I've already been in touch with the AAHA about handling media/publc relations and I have yet to get a response back.

Unfortunately, I don't work on the cheap, which the AAHA probably will be, so they'll probably melt away like warm ice.

The local paper here, the Enquirer, never covered the fact of the Revolution leaving the MAHL or when Andrew Miller tried to take over the league or has announced that the team is in a new hockey league now, so what sort of coverage does the team think they'll get this season, especially with the city's pro basketball team moving into a new league and playing in competition with them for home dates?

They had one of their reporters (who actually played some hockey in college) try out for the team a long time back and they told him if he lost 20-25 pounds, come back again and they'd talk.

Wish them well, I say...FAREwell.

BCRantzilla
Site Admin

Post by BCRantzilla » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:14 pm

[quote=""JoeyJosephs""]BCRantzilla and Patmc16: You are both so right!

I operate a PR firm out of my home in Battle Creek and I wouldn't have released something this badly written (Remember, I posted it as is from their website).

I've already been in touch with the AAHA about handling media/publc relations and I have yet to get a response back.

Unfortunately, I don't work on the cheap, which the AAHA probably will be, so they'll probably melt away like warm ice.

The local paper here, the Enquirer, never covered the fact of the Revolution leaving the MAHL or when Andrew Miller tried to take over the league or has announced that the team is in a new hockey league now, so what sort of coverage does the team think they'll get this season, especially with the city's pro basketball team moving into a new league and playing in competition with them for home dates?

They had one of their reporters (who actually played some hockey in college) try out for the team a long time back and they told him if he lost 20-25 pounds, come back again and they'd talk.

Wish them well, I say...FAREwell.[/quote]

Funny how Joe's name gets mentioned and someone with a suspicious username pops up!
And that is all the people need to know!

JoeyJosephs
Site Admin

Post by JoeyJosephs » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:26 pm

[quote=""BCRantzilla""]Funny how Joe's name gets mentioned and someone with a suspicious username pops up![/quote]

Suspicious username, BCRantzilla?

It happens to BE my name and I'm rather insulted by the remark. I don't use screen names online. I put my OWN NAME behind them. I'm a third-generation Josephs, so you know...if you care to believe it.

BCRantzilla
Site Admin

Post by BCRantzilla » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:57 pm

With that grammar how can it NOT be Joe Kolodziej?

How was the food in the slammer?

JoeyJosephs
Site Admin

Let's Try This Again!

Post by JoeyJosephs » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:53 pm

[quote=""BCRantzilla""]With that grammar how can it NOT be Joe Kolodziej?

How was the food in the slammer?[/quote]

BC, I don't know who wrote the press release I received and posted verbatim in this thread. Since I received it in an e-mail from Chip Rossetti of the Ice Men and he is the driving force behind the website and their message board, try starting with him.

I do not know nor have ever met Joe Kolodziej in my life.

BCRantzilla
Site Admin

Post by BCRantzilla » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:49 am

He doth protest too much. Sorry dude, not buying it.

Dan K
Site Admin

Post by Dan K » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:50 pm

Is this the same Joey Josephs that handled PR for some other leagues? I am thinking the proposed National Soccer League (indoor) was one of those leagues.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:50 pm

Joey Josephs is exactly who he says he is. He is not Mr. Kolodziej.

JoeyJosephs
Site Admin

At Least Someone Knows Who I Am

Post by JoeyJosephs » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:54 am

Thanks, Dan K and Preeths.

At least some people know of my background in this business.

Yes, Dan, I was involved with the National Soccer League, as well as the North American Football League, the former American Indoor Football League (now the American Indoor Football Association) and the Minor League Football Association.

I now operate my own PR firm out of my home in Battle Creek, MI and am always interesting in handling minor sports leagues or individual teams.

If some people wish not to believe who am I, that's fine. Let BCRantzilla believe what he wants, since he seems to know me better than I know myself.

BCRantzilla
Site Admin

Post by BCRantzilla » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:18 pm

[quote=""preeths""]Joey Josephs is exactly who he says he is. He is not Mr. Kolodziej.[/quote]

I'm not usually that far off when it comes to shady people using an alias. I was mistaken and I'm sorry about that.

Return to “Minor League Hockey”