Site Admin

Rome Wreckers join EPHL

Post by BreakersFan » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:43 pm

Okay, not really the Wreckers, but Rome is in the EPHL:

http://www.wktv.com/news/local/18001669.html

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:53 am

EPHL commissioner Jim Riggs had a great resume until he got involved with the MAHL and AH. I hope he's just someone who learned his lesson and is trying to do A puck right. We'll see.

If Chuck would loan or rent the rights to the name, the Rome Wreckers has a nice ring to it for hockey.

BCRantzilla
Site Admin

Post by BCRantzilla » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:04 am

Riggs has learned the hard way over the years that some operators are shadier than others. It's one of the pitfalls of doing more with less, which is his stock and trade really. That said, there isn't a hockey person better connected or is there anyone who has made more work with less money than Jim.

This is his first solo venture since the turf wars with Waronker in the South. (Unfortunately for hockey the used car salesman won that one.) It should be interesting to watch next year.
And that is all the people need to know!

nksports
Site Admin

I'm a marketing guru

Post by nksports » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:42 am

[quote=""nksports""]If Chuck would loan or rent the rights to the name, the Rome Wreckers has a nice ring to it for hockey.[/quote]

I've got the mascot. Rex the Wrecker. He comes out with a hard hat for a hockey helmet and a hockey stick with a sledge hammer for a blade.

Return to “Minor League Hockey”