Continental Hockey League

sportsfan2004
Site Admin

Continental Hockey League

Post by sportsfan2004 » Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:32 am

Do you think that cba will make an continental hockey league? With teams in Dakota, Gary, Great Lakes, Idaho Steelheads Michigian Rockford Icehogs Sioux Falls Stampede Sioux City Musketeers Peoria Rivermen Albany River Rats Quad City Mallards.
David Christian Malenke

Y2KOMETS32
Site Admin

Post by Y2KOMETS32 » Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:05 am

what the hell are you talking about....we have enough leagues as it is.

Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff » Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:46 pm

Just cause there is a Continental BA, doesn't mean sumone else couldn't use the word Continental in their name.

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:01 am

Well, that's David. Nobody will associate him with a box of chocolates anytime soon. I guess the benefit is that he provides threads that even the nice among us have no qualms hijacking.

Given the demise of the Continental Elite League (junior level outfit), I' offer the opinion that "Continental" astoundingly manages to sell itself. You know, just like the Isaiah Thomas Era of the CBA. I think that's about the extent of the economic advantages I could think of regarding this proposal.

Now, "Continental Cheerleader Dodge-Water-Balloon Association" might merit some consideration, though playing that in conjunction with the CBA might slightly damage the family component of the various fan bases. We'll have to mull that one over.

Shootmaster_44
Site Admin

Post by Shootmaster_44 » Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:52 am

Not to split hairs or anything but didn't Wild Bill Hunter try to start up the Continental Hockey Association in the early 90's? I swear Saskatoon was going to get a team in that.

Return to “Minor League Hockey”