I League

Fez
Site Admin

I League

Post by Fez » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:33 pm

Is the USL's proposed indoor venture "I League" going to happen in 2011 as announced?

They still only seem to have 2 teams. Any updates?
Subscribe to Dayton Pro Sports Daily News: http://paper.li/f-1313642591

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:11 pm

They've been quiet, but they're still a year out.

Buffalo Super Fan
Site Admin

Post by Buffalo Super Fan » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:34 pm

All I know is the USL I-League Rochester Lancers owner has money and is advertising the Rochester Lancers USL I-League team during his Soccer Sam radio show that you can hear online or achieved. I read something the USL I-League were trying to get the old Rockford Rampage MISL to jump leagues with there supposive new owner Oscar Albuquerque but that is only rumor I read some where I think online. To me the USL I-League needs to get Buffalo, New York which at the opening USL I-League Press Conference Buffalo, New York was mention. Buffalo is a old MISL and NPSL city with a combine 14 years in the city of Buffalo.

If the USL I-League is unsuccessful getting old indoor soccer cities like that to join with investors then I do wonder if this league gets off the ground? With all the problems the MISL is having with losing the Philadelphia Kixx MISL and Rockford Rampage MISL this season. Indoor soccer which I am a huge fan of is really stuggling today and for a while now. Let's Go Buffalo
The above post is in my opinion and I have no proof or link. I am just a Buffalo sports fan.

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:21 am

[quote=""Buffalo Super Fan""]To me the USL I-League needs to get Buffalo, New York which at the opening USL I-League Press Conference Buffalo, New York was mention. [/quote]

Dude, rob a bank.

USL doesn't lack the willingness to sell anyone a franchise. You need a buyer.
Mean Spirited Blogger #107

Buffalo Super Fan
Site Admin

Post by Buffalo Super Fan » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:27 pm

[quote=""Pounder""]Dude, rob a bank.

USL doesn't lack the willingness to sell anyone a franchise. You need a buyer.[/quote]

Pounder I realize Buffalo would need a buyer. What you seem to be missing from my post. That the USL I-League will have trouble gettting off the ground with two franchise inless Rochester and Syracuse play each off home and home for the whole USL I-League schedule not likely.

Buffalo and cities like that haven't bought in which is the geographical footprint the USL I-League is looking for supposively. I personally see no need for this USL I-League as a huge indoor soccer fan. I had season tickets for the Buffalo Blizzard NPSL and grew up watching the Buffalo Stallions MISL as a kid. If Rochester Lancers USL I-League owner Soccer Sam really wants indoor soccer for Rochester, New York join the MISL in my opinion.

Inless there is another agenda for Soccer Sam which I think there is? My personal opinion and that all it is basically is a opinion is that Soccer Sam really wants control of the Rochester Rhinos USL-Pro outdoor team not indoor soccer. If Soccer Sam was all interested in indoor soccer for Rochester, New York join the more established MISL.

Soccer like minor league basketball and arena/indoor football has to many little games and power plays at the lower levels and at the end of the day other then a few fans not many care about the silly games and jockeying with fighting with ownership. The sports fan gets hurt those are the people I feel bad for. In that way pounder atleast you won't have to deal with that anymore with the Portland Timbers in the MLS. The MLS is the only real solid league for soccer in the US today in my opinion for what it is worth.

Look at of some of the facts Soccer Sam tried to buy the Rochester Rhinos from USL league because the orginal Rochester Rhinos owners Frank DuRoss, Steve Donner money problems from the Rochester Soccer Stadium a few years back. Then Rob Clark daddy owns the bank that took over the Rochester Rhinos ownership. Rob Clark reaches out brings Soccer Sam in a high level position then there is some kind of falling out and Soccer Sam leaves the Rochester Rhinos. Then bingo suddenly Soccer Sam is interested in reviving the Rochester Lancers as a indoor soccer team in the USL I-League with this huge press conference in the city of Rochester, New York. I want to say both men to me there heart is in the right place but to me there is something were missing here with this story.

Look the bottom line I think there are games going on unknown to any of us in Rochester, New York pro soccer behind the scenes I have no proof just a theory/opinion. I believe Soccer Sam wants control of the Rochester Rhinos. That means the Rochester Rhinos went from high hopes of possible MLS someday to division 3 awful for those great soccer fans in Rochester.

He owns pizza and donut franchises and has the where with all more $$$ money to make it happen in Rochester for soccer at the division 2. I have watched Rochester Rhinos soccer go lower and lower yearly under Rob Clark ownership. I think Rob Clark means well but to me just my opinion observing from a far in Buffalo. He doesn't have the type of money that is needed to give Rochester Rhinos soccer fans want they want at worse the best outdoor soccer outside the MLS not division 3 USL-Pro which Rob Clark is selling today. More money people are need in Rochester, New York soccer weather that is Rob Clark with Soccer Sam's help or a new ownership group all together. The bottom line is New York State didn't invest $23 million dollars in Marina Auto Stadium for division 3 soccer in USL-Pro to be played in it. The hope was MLS now Rochester isn't even division 2 NASL what a joke in my opinion.

So inless the USL I-League gets cities like Buffalo which is doubtful this USL I-League will never get off the ground in my opinion. If Soccer Sam is serious about indoor soccer for Rochester, New York like I said the MISL would be a better fit. And the MISL isn't going great for the past couple of decades no need for a USL I-League in my opinion. All that does is split indoor soccer further pounder in my opinion. Also my two cents if Buffalo, New York was to ever have a owner with money $$$ interested in indoor soccer again for Buffalo, New York. I would think they would go to the more established MISL the higher indoor soccer league over the new USL I-League. Good posting with you pounder as always. Let's Go Buffalo
Last edited by Buffalo Super Fan on Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:19 am, edited 8 times in total.
The above post is in my opinion and I have no proof or link. I am just a Buffalo sports fan.

wellington
Site Admin

Post by wellington » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:32 am

The I-League is a dumb idea. The Lancers should join the MISL.

Return to “Indoor Soccer”