NPF Holds Senior Draft

South Atlantic
Site Admin

NPF Holds Senior Draft

Post by South Atlantic » Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:34 pm

I read on the NPF website that they held there senior draft (I believe four or five rounds). They will have six teams and begin play in June.

They are partnered with MLB, ASA/USA Softball and international groups as well. I think this is great for womens sports.

The LPFA will begin touring this summer across the US trying to garner interest as well. They are going into places where youth tournaments are already being held and showcasing their talents as well as their ideal league. It doesnt hurt to have Lisa Fernandez being the main driving force behind the organization either.

South Atlantic Softball League (our league) will be introduced for the 2006 season later this spring. We are finalizing our business plan to have a regionalized pro softball league in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia.

That will give women three different leagues to choose from. They will all have different structures, pay scales, travel, etc. I would compare our South Atlantic Softball format to a mere minor league where travel will be considered a 'bus league'. I am interested to see which league (LPFA or NPF) steps forward as the 'Professional League'?

Return to “Other Women's”