Lingerie Football League!

sportsaddressbible
Site Admin

Lingerie Football League!

Post by sportsaddressbible » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:03 am

has anyone seem a Lingerie Football League live??? I just saw the Seattle Mist play the LV Sin Friday nite in Seattle (Kent). 5200+ packed house (same arena as T-Birds WHL play).

It was LFL's Friday night Football game on MTV2. check it out on MTV2 if you get it. If you are near a team, go see a game.

It's a 50 yard game, 7players on both sides of the ball, no goalposts. Really good football.

Sure, the girls are very, very attractive and shapely and play in short, shorts with garter belts around their thighs (hey, if they are going to show it off, i'm gonna watch!).

After the game, the Sin player (Sin won) wiggles her butt to the fans, sort of like, nah, nah!

It was entertaining (which is what sports is, entertainment) with true athleticism throw in. there were hard tackles, good display of aerials.

The Mist players take a lap around the arena high fiving fans and are out front in the lobby afterwards signing autographs and taking photos with fans. It was packed, I couldn't even get close.

Well worth seeing a game live. Two thumbs up!

BananaCat
Site Admin

Post by BananaCat » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:12 am

I have two front row tickets for the January game. Also just won two other tickets for that game by playing the league's fantasy contest and getting the best weekly score two weeks ago (I'm second overall and winner gets a free trip to Vegas). I've seen most of the games (online or MTV2) the past three years, but this will be my first live game.
Indoor Football Forum .com

Indoor Football Forum
on Facebook and Twitter

Live Scores
on Twitter and Facebook

trueballer
Site Admin

Post by trueballer » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:23 am

I've never even seen it on TV! I've seen the commercials for it a couple times but didn't ever get around to watching it... Haha, i'm sure a live show would be a lot of fun?????? :confused: Are they even good?? or is it more for the butt wiggling? :infun:

BananaCat
Site Admin

Post by BananaCat » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:20 pm

I wouldn't watch it unless they played hard, and they do. It's unfortunate for the girls they had to wear such skimpy outfits to play football to get recognized, but the other leagues with full gear and padding get no publicity whatsoever. When the LFL started as halftime entertainment many years ago I didn't watch it as it was all fluff, not a true sport. When they started the league 3 years ago I gave it a shot and liked it because they did change it around and take it seriously.

There's a lot I would change though. The commish who owns the league and all the teams is a total tool and needs to go (except that he owns the whole thing, so good luck with that). They need to upgrade the uni's and safety gear, they could still wear something sexy, but less revealing to attract the men while being more safe at the same time. The hockey helmets aren't great, but going to traditional football helmets isn't the answer either i think. A lot of injuries come from the football helmet colliding/spearing into body parts. There's been research and movements towards softer helmets on the outside that still offer the needed protection on the inside, and that is the direction I'd take if it's feasible.

The ladies also need to get paid. Most of the profits are being funneled directly to Mortazza, the commish. Medical insurance has also been an issue and needs to get fixed across the board.

Other than that, I went to a game in Seattle in January and had a good time (they had a packed house, the only venue doing that in the league...it was a madhouse honestly). I also won the LFL Fantasy Football Contest they held online and got a free trip to Vegas for the Championship weekend, so I guess there was a benefit to watching the games.
Indoor Football Forum .com

Indoor Football Forum
on Facebook and Twitter

Live Scores
on Twitter and Facebook

JeffCapo
Site Admin

LFL on hiatus for 2012

Post by JeffCapo » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:14 pm

Jeffrey T. Capo

Dan K
Site Admin

Post by Dan K » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:18 pm

From the LFL site, it looks like the LFL will still be operating its new four-team LFL-Canada starting in August 2012 and that only the LFL-US is on hiatus until the spring of 2013.

http://www.lfl360.com/articles/alert-lf ... r-mortaza/

Return to “Women's Football”