Leather & Lace football League

hurricanes
Site Admin

Leather & Lace football League

Post by hurricanes » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:23 am

The LLFL is an womens arena football league with the women playing in uniforms similar to the lingerie football league. One exception... they play real football and it's not scripted like the lingerie football league.

http://www.llfl.net

I stopped by a practice yesterday and was impressed. I can't wait for the season to start

BIGFAN
Site Admin

llfl

Post by BIGFAN » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:14 pm

I have also been to their practice and I was very impressed! The team called The Ravens looked AMAZING! They were all in very good shape and they looked SHARP. I think that they are going to be a very tough team to beat,their coach seems to have an abundance of football knowledge. Pair that with a group of female athletes thatare serious and want to win, and you may get to see something really spectacular unfold. I can't wait for the season to start,im already a Raven fan!

Billy5
Site Admin

Post by Billy5 » Sun May 15, 2011 3:20 am

With only 3 teams playing how do you have playoffs? What happened to all the other teams that were going to play?

justme
Site Admin

Post by justme » Sun May 15, 2011 12:26 pm

the answer to your statement billy is you cant. this "league" will not make it through 15 games

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Sun May 15, 2011 11:52 pm

[quote=""Billy5""]With only 3 teams playing how do you have playoffs? What happened to all the other teams that were going to play?[/quote]
Not all the teams that left have folded...
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

BIGFAN
Site Admin

Post by BIGFAN » Mon May 16, 2011 11:45 am

It probably wont last the whole season because the people running it are dumbasses. I would have never even heard about it if it wasnt for me running in to the girls at their practice a few weeks ago. I will have to say I am definately going to every game while it last though lol. That Ravens team i met was incredible,and they had the prettiest/most athletic girls. Anybody else going?I dont think i wanna miss this!

Billy5
Site Admin

Post by Billy5 » Mon May 16, 2011 3:58 pm

[quote=""Minor League Man""]Not all the teams that left have folded...[/quote]

Only other team on their website is KC. Originally they had at least 10 teams.

justme
Site Admin

game

Post by justme » Tue May 17, 2011 2:00 pm

went to first game of this "league" and all i can say is not going back. with around 125 people at game no more than 150, i can say no advertising. they said they had sponsors but sponsors had no advertising except every once in a while they would say a name. no program no hafttime entertainment and the game started an hr late due to owners having to make the chains out of 2 wood sticks and a piece of rope. at hafttime 75% of the people left. the kicker is the announcer even left before the end of the game. can you say short lived project.

BIGFAN
Site Admin

Post by BIGFAN » Tue May 17, 2011 5:00 pm

cmon justme dont you think youre being a little harsh..I agree that the late start and the chain situation was a bit ridiculous,but can you honestly say that it wasnt an exciting game? I was entertained the whole time,those girls worked their asses off.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Tue May 17, 2011 5:30 pm

justme didn't criticize the players or the game play. Those things aren't going to do anything to help the league survive if no one's there to see it. BIGFAN, it doesn't sound as if you're arguing any of the points justme made.

Return to “Women's Football”