Leather & Lace football League

BIGFAN
Site Admin

Post by BIGFAN » Tue May 17, 2011 5:39 pm

trust me i agree with it being run pretty careless. Its just frustrating that this could actually be something fun and exciting and yet again preparation was terrible. The players and coaches always suffer. I will be at every game I just hope they make some adjustments because its really not fair to the girls. I do understand his point though.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Tue May 17, 2011 5:50 pm

Fair enough, looks like you both came away with the same impression. You're just willing to hang in there and hope it improves.

xmradiodave
Site Admin

Post by xmradiodave » Fri May 20, 2011 8:23 pm

Oh snap. The "league" did not even pay the few bucks to upgrade their wix site to a premium site to remove the wix logos.

Heronomous
Site Admin

Here we go?

Post by Heronomous » Sun May 22, 2011 2:17 am

First post and hate to start off negative, but its hard not to be after the Tarpon's fiasco.

The remainder of games are scheduled to be played at Cottage Hill Park (Medal of Honor Park). According to the Grand Bay Ravens' Facebook page, the move is attributed to Cottage Hill Park providing a 'safer' environment than the Fair Grounds for the players and fans.

Just curious if maybe the league couldn't meet the rent at the fair grounds or if someone came for the turf?

justme
Site Admin

Post by justme » Mon May 23, 2011 3:18 am

[quote=""Heronomous""]First post and hate to start off negative, but its hard not to be after the Tarpon's fiasco.

The remainder of games are scheduled to be played at Cottage Hill Park (Medal of Honor Park). According to the Grand Bay Ravens' Facebook page, the move is attributed to Cottage Hill Park providing a 'safer' environment than the Fair Grounds for the players and fans.

Just curious if maybe the league couldn't meet the rent at the fair grounds or if someone came for the turf?[/quote]

lmao safer would be for the league to shut down completely. as a tarpons players these owners screw everything up they touch. roland turner told the sifl that he paid us all our pay and paid all the bills as well. he also said he put 40,ooo into our team and another 10,000 for 2 trips. so i would say empty pockets and broken promises.

Black Voodoo
Site Admin

Post by Black Voodoo » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:15 pm

Interesting how all these smaller/SEMI PRO leagues seem to have problems and issues. Can anyone tell me how the Ravens are able to use a trademarked logo belonging to the Baltimore Ravens of the nfl?
Last edited by Black Voodoo on Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

BIGFAN
Site Admin

Post by BIGFAN » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:44 pm

logo? really? Give me a break please! The logos are FINE to use as long as its not the same name...every pop-warner park team in every other city uses an nfl team logo..This isnt the NFL nor are they portraying to be an NFL team..Lets please think of the players in these "small" leagues before we start complaining about nonsense..Chyle

BIGFAN
Site Admin

Post by BIGFAN » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:53 pm

instead of logos,lets talk about the "gulfcoast renegades" not showing up in san antonio to play the cowgirls for the season opener. Now that is something relevent in this thread. All the hype that those poor girls in san antonio put on the news and for mobile to not show up with a full team? C'mon man... it doesnt surprise me have you seen the lady that runs/owns that team? OMG at least dress like a professional,she looks like a bum that lives under a freakin bridge. just my .02

Black Voodoo
Site Admin

Post by Black Voodoo » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:45 pm

[quote=""BIGFAN""]logo? really? Give me a break please! The logos are FINE to use as long as its not the same name...every pop-warner park team in every other city uses an nfl team logo..This isnt the NFL nor are they portraying to be an NFL team..Lets please think of the players in these "small" leagues before we start complaining about nonsense..Chyle[/quote]

Pop Warner and youth football leagues do not market themselves all over a region. They are city leagues where the teams usually do fund raisers to support themselves. We're talking about an organized sprots league competing and selling tickets to make money. It is the exact same logo as the Baltimore Ravens.

Would be happy to notify the NFL and see what happens. I would guess they would be sent a cease and desist letter and then action would be taken if they continue to use it.

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:50 pm

[quote=""Black Voodoo""]Pop Warner and youth football leagues do not market themselves all over a region. They are city leagues where the teams usually do fund raisers to support themselves. We're talking about an organized sprots league competing and selling tickets to make money. It is the exact same logo as the Baltimore Ravens.

Would be happy to notify the NFL and see what happens. I would guess they would be sent a cease and desist letter and then action would be taken if they continue to use it.[/quote]

Pop Warner teams that use NFL logos are subject to pay a royalty to use them (It comes out to about $5 a player). MLB is very aggressive about youth teams that use their logos (their charge is about the same).

Return to “Women's Football”