Site Admin

Drillers Press Release

Post by ronaldoswalt » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:56 pm

Oswalt Promoted To Assistant General Manager

January 27, 2008
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Media contact: J. Ronald Oswalt 832-754-7666
ronaldoswalt@gmail.com

BEAUMONT – The Beaumont Drillers announced that Ronald Oswalt has been promoted from media relations director to assistant general manager. He already oversees all aspects of the media relations department, in which he already works.

“I’m thrilled about the opportunity that (Drillers General Manager/Head Coach) Bryan Blake has given me to be able to help the Drillers organization reach their goal of putting the best team possible on the turf every night and bringing home a championship in 2008,” said Oswalt. “I look forward to working with Coach Blake and the Drillers organization and I know that together we’ll do everything possible to make that happen.”

Oswalt will handle the team’s day-to-day media operations and assist in marketing the team in the golden triangle area. Oswalt will also work with area schools in the Drillers Adopt-A-School program that will assist area students.

“I have worked with Ronald for three indoor/arena seasons and I’m very familiar with the media and marketing expertise that he possesses,” said Blake. “He has served in many different capacities for the teams I have worked for and I’m proud to say that we’re promoting not just a sharp sports management mind, but a quality person as well.”

Oswalt has worked for the Katy Copperheads of the National Indoor Football League, Texas Copperheads of the af2, and his new duties with the Beaumont Drillers will be effective immediately.

Great locations are still available for the 2008 season! Act now to reserve the best seats. Call a Season Sales Representative today at 409-839-4475 to reserve your seats today. The Beaumont Drillers are committed to being a premier team in the APFL and being involved in the community for which we serve.

For more information or get photos for media outlets or to get your 2008 Beaumont Drillers season tickets, contact the Drillers office at (409) 839-4475 or by electronic mail at beeblak@aol.com or contact J. Ronald Oswalt, Assistant General Manager at ronaldoswalt@gmail.com

ronaldoswalt
Site Admin

Hospice Of Texas Joins Drillers Team

Post by ronaldoswalt » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:49 am

Hospice Of Texas Joins Drillers Team

February 1, 2008
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Media contact: J. Ronald Oswalt 832-754-7666
ronaldoswalt@gmail.com

BEAUMONT – The Beaumont Drillers has announced that it will partner with Hospice of Texas as a new Official Sponsor.

Hospice of Texas is available to provide a special kind of care for the terminally ill, their families and caregivers. They believe an individual’s quality of life is as important as their length of life.

Although there are several hospice organizations in the Golden Triangle, Hospice of Texas is the leader in overall experience and caring for the terminally ill. Their staff has over 100 years of experience in providing health care. Hospice of Texas utilizes an Interdisciplinary Team to provide care; they believe you should Cherish Every Moment.

Beaumont Drillers Assistant General Manager Ronald Oswalt said, "We are absolutely delighted to have Hospice of Texas as one of our new official sponsors. The company is the best at what it does in the medical arena in the Golden Triangle area, and we are excited about what it can offer the Drillers."

“There is a great synergy between the two brands in terms of recent dramatic growth and success, levels of performance and market targets."

Great locations are still available for the 2008 season! Act now to reserve the best seats. Call a Season Sales Representative today at 409-839-4475 to reserve your seats today. The Beaumont Drillers are committed to being a premier team in the APFL and being involved in the community for which we serve.

For more information or get photos for media outlets or to get your 2008 Beaumont Drillers season tickets, contact the Drillers office at (409) 839-4475 or by electronic mail at beeblak@aol.com or contact J. Ronald Oswalt, Assistant General Manager at ronaldoswalt@gmail.com .

Gusher
Site Admin

Post by Gusher » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:28 am

That is great. I am proud the Drillers are becoming more invoved in the community.

Drillers1
Site Admin

Drillers Bring Football to Lamar Early

Post by Drillers1 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:21 am

Drillers Bring Football to Lamar Early
Tryouts to be held at Ty Terrell Track Facility

BEAUMONT – The Beaumont Drillers, the Golden Triangle’s professional indoor / Arena football club, is pleased to extend an invitation to all professional and non-professional football players ages 18 and over.

Tryouts for the spring 2008 season will be held on Sunday, February 24, 2008 from 10:00 AM to 2:00 AM. IMPORTANT: Those players that are not pre-registered should arrive no later than 8:30 AM.

The tryouts will be held at The Ty Terrell Track, it is home to the Lamar University Track & Field team. The track is a Monsanto all-weather Astro-Turf facility with a granular surface. For information and directions to the Ty Terrell Track http://lamarcardinals.cstv.com/faciliti ... track.html

Recently Lamar students have approved a fee that would help fund the return of a football program dormant since 1989.

Football would return in 2010 if the Texas State University System Board of Regents approves the plan at a meeting on Feb. 22. With board approval, the school said it would start renovating Cardinal Stadium and looking for a head coach.

The Cardinals would return to the Southland Conference in the Football Championship Subdivision, known as Division I-AA the last time they played.

The Drillers are looking for players at all positions and each athlete will be required to participate in offense and defensive drills. Players will complete at one of the following positions: WR, DB, FB, OL, DL, QB, LB, & K.

Players should arrive one hour prior to tryout start time for registration. All participants will be required to sign a waiver and pay a $50.00 cash only registration fee. However, the fee is only $25.00 for Lamar University students will a valid student id card.

Players should dress in workout gear and have the appropriate shoes. (Track & Grass) Pads will NOT be worn. All players will be given an official training camp workout shirt.

The workout will consist of running the 40-yard dash and 20-yard short shuttle. Players will then go through position and one-on-one drills, both offensively and defensively. Players will also be able to showcase their skills during a 5-on-5 game situation scrimmage.

For more information or get photos for media outlets or to get your 2008 Beaumont Drillers season tickets, contact the Drillers office at 409-839-4475 or contact General Manager Bryan Blake by electronic mail at beeblak@aol.com

Return to “Indoor/Arena Football”