Arena meeting

preeths
Site Admin

Arena meeting

Post by preeths » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:12 pm

Heard from several sources that many arena managers in the South gathered last week to listen to presentations from leagues for the purpose of deciding which indoor/arena league(s) presented the best options for them. Representatives from af2, UIF, AIFA and the WIFL were in attendance. The NIFL was a no show.
Last edited by preeths on Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added AIFA as attendee

gonzo13
Site Admin

Post by gonzo13 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:50 pm

Any word on when the results may be released?
Just when I thought I was out....They pull me back in.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:54 pm

No results will be released. It was simply a fact-finding meeting for the arenas. The positive is that it shows their interest in indoor/Arena football.

gonzo13
Site Admin

Post by gonzo13 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:01 pm

Another positive is that there will most likely be a consensus on who not to let in. Hopefully that will be a better deterrent against some of the
"sideshow" leagues being able to burn markets for the more legitimate ones.

ChampionOfSteel
Site Admin

Post by ChampionOfSteel » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:34 pm

[quote=""gonzo13""]Another positive is that there will most likely be a consensus on who not to let in. Hopefully that will be a better deterrent against some of the
"sideshow" leagues being able to burn markets for the more legitimate ones.[/quote]

That is THE reason for the meeting. No doubt. The rest was all smoke screen.

No startup capital no arena lease.
If you don't let the people with the money know you prefer the NIFL game system, you won't see any stable leagues copying the NIFL game system for your enjoyment!

Speak up!

Marshal! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PbIlQYR1Qs LAAAAAWWWWWW!!!!

patriot
Site Admin

Post by patriot » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:13 am

It would sound, in general, as if the CIFL, UIF, and (I am as shocked as anyone) the AIFA are considered the places to focus on for new teams to go. The AF2 is considered a solid place to be for a year or two and then expect the league to move out. The WIFL is just too shakey and regional at this time, but has the largest potential and has not been written off. The IFL is way too big of a question mark as to where they are headed. The others are not considered real choices.

There are also considerations concerning some sort of merging and divisions of the CIFL, UIF, and AIFA. That does seem to be the direction that many people are looking though. Not just down South but also around the Midwest and some Canadien locations near the Great Lakes.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:25 am

I was told that af2, UIF and the WIFL gave impressive presentations. The IFL and CIFL weren't a part of the meeting as they aren't planning expansion in the mid-Atlantic region. We have not heard anything at all about merger talks involving UIF, the CIFL or AIFA. I don't see what sense that would make for any of them.

gonzo13
Site Admin

Post by gonzo13 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:36 am

I agree, a merger wouldn't make much sense. What it's going to boil down to is some good ole fashioned "survival of the fittest." And I believe that's exactly what this sport needs.

patriot
Site Admin

Post by patriot » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:53 am

I speak in general terms at this point. I am simply going by the people that I have spoken with for the last two years at the arenas and media outlets. The merger is in reference is to early discussion by outsiders who see the three from up north needing each other to survive and create a merged league as survivors from the other three. It will need this season to play out to really see it, but it is believed that only two really will make it and that the teams from the three will shuffle up to make two really solid leagues. There are a lot of cities up there (MN, WI, ONT) looking for a chance to grow a fan base.

SignGuyDino
Site Admin

Post by SignGuyDino » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:14 am

Before we talk mergers or alliances, or anything else, what indoor football needs, and minor league sports needs, is for the bad apples to be taken out first. Too many scams, too many unpaid bills, and owners leave the town and start somewhere else with impugnity.

Stop the madness!!
Never make anyone a priority that makes you an option.

Return to “Indoor/Arena Football”