Eifl

gonzo13
Site Admin

Post by gonzo13 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:41 pm

[quote=""ChampionOfSteel""]So you Ohio guys aren't going? I think it would be great if someone went and took pictures of the situation.[/quote]

I think it's funny that it's been refered to as "the situation." I think that's a fitting description.
Just when I thought I was out....They pull me back in.

Jamie
Site Admin

Post by Jamie » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:51 pm

Here is a description of the game from yesterday by someone who attended:
I just got back from the dome. Got in for free. 30-6 Hitmen un the 2nd qt. NOW no matter what Terry says, I counted 246 fans!! Not 1 more. This is an exact #. No beer sales, this team called the River Rats from PA. is a lie. I knew 2 people on the team from Niles. There was not one car in the lot that had a PA plate. Spoke to a lot of people and they are making it look like the Ohio players were traded. A lie. The games was a joke. If this was what we have been waiting for we just wasted a year talking about it. Moo let me know I have a few pictures of Terry. $12 ticketss $2 to park, t-shirts ($17) not a single one sold. WHAT A JOKE TERRY IS!!!!
For mor info, visit http://mooheadradio.com and http://eieiofootball.com

ChampionOfSteel
Site Admin

All 4 in the same barn

Post by ChampionOfSteel » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:00 am

Ok, am I correct all 4 teams will be playing their season in the same building?

The EIFL is nothing more than a local rec league made up of local players, right?

I bet JT held a secret player draft to distribute local players to all 4 teams since it no longer makes sense to bus/carpool players from Pittsburgh each week to Youngstown.

Is it possible to have 100 or more guys in the Youngstown and surrounding areas willing to play against each other each week? I think so. This league could be more attractive than the NIFL because you don't have to travel each week, and ask off work on Fridays to get to away games each weekend. And since this league isn't going to pay its players any better than the NIFL, what the heck.
Last edited by ChampionOfSteel on Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you don't let the people with the money know you prefer the NIFL game system, you won't see any stable leagues copying the NIFL game system for your enjoyment!

Speak up!

Marshal! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PbIlQYR1Qs LAAAAAWWWWWW!!!!

Jamie
Site Admin

Post by Jamie » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:47 am

[quote=""ChampionOfSteel""]Ok, am I correct all 4 teams will be playing their season in the same building?[/quote]

That would be very correct.

Jamie
Site Admin

Post by Jamie » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:51 am

This is the actual building:

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:19 am

Hey, many a local wrestling promotion operates out of such facilities.
More worrisome, it they are just letting people in and not getting income, they are probably not paying player or paying bills.
I give it a few more weeks at most.

Jamie
Site Admin

Post by Jamie » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:55 pm

[quote=""nksports""]Hey, many a local wrestling promotion operates out of such facilities.[/quote]

Professional Wrestling. Now there is a model for the indoor football industry.

It worked so well for the XFL.

DestroyersFan
Site Admin

Post by DestroyersFan » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:49 pm

[quote=""ChampionOfSteel""]Ok, am I correct all 4 teams will be playing their season in the same building?

The EIFL is nothing more than a local rec league made up of local players, right?

I bet JT held a secret player draft to distribute local players to all 4 teams since it no longer makes sense to bus/carpool players from Pittsburgh each week to Youngstown.

Is it possible to have 100 or more guys in the Youngstown and surrounding areas willing to play against each other each week? I think so. This league could be more attractive than the NIFL because you don't have to travel each week, and ask off work on Fridays to get to away games each weekend. And since this league isn't going to pay its players any better than the NIFL, what the heck.[/quote]

It would be great if he wanted to operate at that level. But he's required EIFL players to sign contracts that restrict them from going to the AF2 or other indoor leagues. He's consitently attacked the AF2 and other leagues and has said his league plays at the same level as theirs and will be more successful than theirs because their teams fold so often. He also did NOT hold a draft to distribute all these local players to the 4 EIFL teams. Instead He selected his team first and let the other teams create their rosters from the leftovers. The end result is his team is pounding the other teams with blowouts. Players have gone on to Moohead Radios website and Vindy.com claiming they just want a chance to move up to the AFL by playing in the EIFL. HOW? In the EIFL the players are not playing in competive games, they are playing on a field that is less than half the square footage of a regulation indoor field, they are playing in front of crowds of a couple hundred, and they'll play only 6 games instead of 16 like the AF2. Why would any AFL team waste time looking at EIFL players when they can spend their time looking at AF2 teams, and the umpteen other indoor football leagues that play competetive games (at least when both teams show up), play on regulation sized indoor fields, play in front of 1500 to 5000 fans and up, and play far more than just 6 games? Looking at EIFL players is a waste of AFL teams time. Why sign an EIFL contract and restrict yourself from being seen by the AFL teams? If Jim were operating at a level lower than the AF2 and other indoor leagues, and allowed his players to move to the AF2 and other indoor leagues, then there would be nothing wrong with what he is doing. The AF2 teams and other indoor leagues would be scouting his players just like they scout the semi-pro leagues now. His players would get looked at a lot. But he's not operating at that level, and his players can't move to the AF2 and other indoor leagues, so they won't spend time looking at his players, and that hurts these players chances of moving up. It's sad really.
Last edited by DestroyersFan on Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.destroyersfan.com - The #1 Columbus Destroyers Fan Site!

SignGuyDino
Site Admin

Post by SignGuyDino » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:43 am

RUMOR is somebody got very seriously hurt at Sunday's game:

http://www.mooheadradio.com/2.0/?p=838

Post 31 down.

We're trying to get confirm of that. Perhaps it's baloney. IF it's true, Jimmy better hide, he's in BIG trouble.
Never make anyone a priority that makes you an option.

SignGuyDino
Site Admin

It's True! Damn You Jim Terry!!

Post by SignGuyDino » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:33 am

IT'S TRUE! DAMN YOU JIM TERRY!!

http://www.mooheadradio.com/2.0/?p=841
Never make anyone a priority that makes you an option.

Return to “Indoor/Arena Football”