Sandsharks Return!!!!!!

finatic
Site Admin

Sandsharks Return!!!!!!

Post by finatic » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:40 am

THE FORMER CHARLESTON SANDSHARKS ARE UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP AND IS NOW THE CAROLINA SANDSHARKS. THE SANDSHARKS WILL BE PLAYING IN THE AIFA LEAGUE BEGINNING IN 2007. THERE IS A COMPLETE NEW STAFF, MANAGEMENT AND OWNERSHIP OF THIS TEAM AND WE ARE EXCITED TO BRING ARENA FOOTBALL BACK TO CHARLESTON AND THE CAROLINAS. WE WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL OF THE SANDSHARK FANS FOR ATTENDING LAST YEARS GAMES AND WANT TO WELCOME YOU GUYS BACK AND INVITE ARENA FANS ALL OVER THE CAROLINAS TO SUPPORT YOUR NEW CAROLINA SANDSHARKS FOOTBALL TEAM. WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO 2007 AND PLAYING IN THE AIFA. SANDSHARK FANS THE BEST IS YET TO COME, THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING YOUR CAROLINA SANDSHARKS!!!!
:p

phydeaux72
Site Admin

Post by phydeaux72 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:16 am

[quote=""finatic""]THE FORMER CHARLESTON SANDSHARKS ARE UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP AND IS NOW THE CAROLINA SANDSHARKS.[/quote]

The AIFA already has the Carolina Speed. So they're going to have two teams named "Carolina"?

rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:42 am

[quote=""phydeaux72""]The AIFA already has the Carolina Speed. So they're going to have two teams named "Carolina"?[/quote]

I always wondered what people's fascination was with slapping the name "Carolina" on any team in the region.

Mind you I think such a moniker is cursed in minor league sports-how many Carolinas has the AIFL/AIFA gone through?

Also finatic-might want to pull any reference to "Arena football".
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

tony-o
Site Admin

Post by tony-o » Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:03 am

With the NFL, the Panthers chose Carolina because they were not sure what city they were gonna play in and they wanted to market to the whole region. This doesn't quite make as much sense for the Charleston Sandsharks because no one from North Carolina is gonna come down to Charleston to see a football game, especially when Florence and Concord are closer.

Tatonka
Site Admin

Post by Tatonka » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:35 am

Was that an official release? I mean, shouldn't the team, or the league be releasing something like that?

Good luck to the Sharks, I hope it goes better for you than the last Carolina Sharks in the AIFL...

mrinsideto-u
Site Admin

Post by mrinsideto-u » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:01 am

So Rick Johnson invoved in this group or what?

AllTheRage
Site Admin

Better Learn Quickly

Post by AllTheRage » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:56 am

[quote=""finatic""]THE FORMER CHARLESTON SANDSHARKS ARE UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP AND IS NOW THE CAROLINA SANDSHARKS. THE SANDSHARKS WILL BE PLAYING IN THE AIFA LEAGUE BEGINNING IN 2007. THERE IS A COMPLETE NEW STAFF, MANAGEMENT AND OWNERSHIP OF THIS TEAM AND WE ARE EXCITED TO BRING ARENA FOOTBALL BACK TO CHARLESTON AND THE CAROLINAS. WE WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL OF THE SANDSHARK FANS FOR ATTENDING LAST YEARS GAMES AND WANT TO WELCOME YOU GUYS BACK AND INVITE ARENA FANS ALL OVER THE CAROLINAS TO SUPPORT YOUR NEW CAROLINA SANDSHARKS FOOTBALL TEAM. WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO 2007 AND PLAYING IN THE AIFA. SANDSHARK FANS THE BEST IS YET TO COME, THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING YOUR CAROLINA SANDSHARKS!!!!
:p [/quote]

You are NOT Arena football. You better learn quickly, the nomenclature, if you want to be in this business. You are indoor football. Arena football is copyrighted and owned by the AFL and AF2. You may not represent yourself as Arena football, so if you have this on a web site or press release, you would be advised to change it.

finatic
Site Admin

Post by finatic » Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:12 pm

my appologies...i'm still attached to arena football.....we are indoor football! as i said in my statement....we are under new ownership and have a better understanding of how things are handled.

finatic
Site Admin

Post by finatic » Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:14 pm

tony-o.....north carolinians probably won't come here to see our team, which makes sense, and south carolinians won't go there to see the speed...so whats your point?

phydeaux72
Site Admin

Post by phydeaux72 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:26 pm

[quote=""finatic""]tony-o.....north carolinians probably won't come here to see our team, which makes sense, and south carolinians won't go there to see the speed...so whats your point?[/quote]

The point is, there will be two teams called "Carolina" in the same league. Why not just call your team Charleston? That is where you're from, right? Represent the city you play in and the fans you play for.

Return to “Indoor/Arena Football”