PIFL to begin in Western US?

Minor League Man
Site Admin

PIFL to begin in Western US?

Post by Minor League Man » Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:00 pm

Stay tuned...

I edited it because the PIFL admin didn't like me giving away the market names.
Last edited by Minor League Man on Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

outside source
Site Admin

Post by outside source » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:52 pm

It is the policy of the PIFL to not announce any markets till all the t's are crossed and the i's dotted. Might sound like a strange way of doing things, but just the way the are.

PIONEERSFAN101
Site Admin

Post by PIONEERSFAN101 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:08 pm

Glad I saw the post before it was editted lol

tony-o
Site Admin

Post by tony-o » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:20 pm

PIONEERSFAN101 wrote:Glad I saw the post before it was editted lol
Me too. I think they are good markets that just haven't been tested out yet.

fwp
Site Admin

Post by fwp » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:51 pm

I couldn't believe seeing cities listed at this time, no matter what the quality.

I'm glad to see that they've been removed.

Bandito
Site Admin

Post by Bandito » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:30 pm

Here is the official PIFL word dated 6/16/06

"Just a brief update on where we are at on things in the development of the PIFL.

We are currently working quietly in the background on the masses of paperwork that needs to be generated in order to implement our plan for the PIFL. Believe me, there is a lot involved in the process. That is part of the reason why there has not been a whole lot out there in regard to news.

The other reason is our promise to hold information confidential. Everyone wants to know who’s on board and whom isn’t. I can say that there has been a considerable amount of interest from 20+ existing franchises and 15+ new markets. The interest is across the board throughout the U.S. I will not go into specific counts for a specific region. We’ve also had additional interest from outside the country which includes Canada, Mexico and Jamaica.

The general public will not know specifics about team membership until August at the earliest. We have a lot of work to do and we will continue to press forward and do our due diligence during the process.

The PIFL operations are currently taking place in San Angelo, TX. It is advantageous for us to be located here for other PIFL interest. We will always maintain a presence here. When the timing is right, our intent is to move a majority of our operations to Las Vegas.

We are not the “Nordstrom’s” or “Ankle-biters” of the indoor football world. We simply believe that we have a vision and commitment that is right for this era of the game. From an economical standpoint, we provide a solid alternative to other leagues. Call us what you want but, we believe that we are the “League of Dreams”."

http://www.indoorbowl.com/phpBB2/viewto ... bc59ac77f7

Return to “Indoor/Arena Football”