The creation of the PIFL

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:36 pm

I don't believe consolidation is needed. It may work, but it is not necessary. Travel costs have to be tamed, and one way to do that would be with regional leagues.

fwp
Site Admin

Post by fwp » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:47 pm

The PIFL has had interest from the east and southeast, per the guy that's launching the league.

He posts updates on the board linked on semi regularly as "Coach". The link is to the thread clarifying this position.

http://indoorbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=4179#4179

BarbaraPatterson
Site Admin

Post by BarbaraPatterson » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:13 pm

And according to JT, he also has interest from teams looking to join the EIFL league. Let me know when they cut the check and I'll believe that interest has been expressed

fwp
Site Admin

Post by fwp » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:17 pm

BarbaraPatterson wrote:And according to JT, he also has interest from teams looking to join the EIFL league. Let me know when they cut the check and I'll believe that interest has been expressed
Two different worlds.

JT isn't taken seriously by anyone involved in the indoor football world.

PIONEERSFAN101
Site Admin

Post by PIONEERSFAN101 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:45 pm

Not sure I like the PIFL's idea of not giving any info. We haven't heard a thing about even interested markets yet. I understand the policy, but it's making it look like there's 0 progress.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:54 pm

PIONEERSFAN101 wrote:Not sure I like the PIFL's idea of not giving any info. We haven't heard a thing about even interested markets yet. I understand the policy, but it's making it look like there's 0 progress.
Let's give any new entity at least another month or so to talk about progress. If it's true that one or more new leagues will have existing teams join them, they have to wait until season's are over, contracts signed, etc. We're not even completely into the offseason yet. Give it time. I like the fact that a couple rumored new leagues are playing it close to the vest so far and getting all their ducks in a row first. Once they have something to announce, we'll be that much surer that it will actually happen, compared to a premature announcement.

Return to “Indoor/Arena Football”