JAX Sharks To Can Am Indoor Football League?

crixus
Site Admin

JAX Sharks To Can Am Indoor Football League?

Post by crixus » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:20 am

There's yet another new league and it's called the Can Am Indoor Football League. The Jacksonville Sharks (formerly of the AFL) mentioned on their website that they're moving to a league with International appeal. It hasn't been announced yet, but my guess is they're going here. http://canamifl.com/

Arena/Indoor leagues are the Mom & Pop diners of sports leagues. They come and go really fast. ;)
Last edited by crixus on Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:31 am, edited 6 times in total.

robster2001
Site Admin

Post by robster2001 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:50 pm

While the phrase "that would be insane" has no meaning in indoor football, that would be insane.

Jax is such an outlier that they'd have to subsidize travel for the rest of the Can-Am (I'm not even sure how Baltimore will survive), and the quality of play will be low enough that they will bleed off fans.

The ADL, with its Southeastern footprint, makes more sense.

crixus
Site Admin

Post by crixus » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:49 pm

[quote=""robster2001""]While the phrase "that would be insane" has no meaning in indoor football, that would be insane.

Jax is such an outlier that they'd have to subsidize travel for the rest of the Can-Am (I'm not even sure how Baltimore will survive), and the quality of play will be low enough that they will bleed off fans.

The ADL, with its Southeastern footprint, makes more sense.[/quote]

On the Jax Sharks website, it say's they're moving to a league with International appeal. The only one that has teams outside of the US that I could find is the new Can-Am Indoor Football League. I agree that it doesn't make a lot of sense, but that's indoor/arena football for ya'. Nothing surprises me anymore! :rolleyes:
Last edited by crixus on Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dmbishop
Site Admin

Post by dmbishop » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:30 pm

Maybe this league better suits them.

http://caflfootball.com/

:infun:
Dave

crixus
Site Admin

Post by crixus » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:32 pm

[quote=""dmbishop""]Maybe this league better suits them.

http://caflfootball.com/

:infun:
Dave[/quote]

That's very funny Dave :D . Good job!
Last edited by crixus on Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

crixus
Site Admin

Post by crixus » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:33 pm

Copied from the Jacksonville Sharks website (as of today 10/18/2016).

JACKSONVILLE – The Jacksonville Sharks are continuing negotiations to play in a rival arena football league.

“We have been in discussions with several leagues over the past few months, all of which have their pros and cons, said Operating Manager Jeff Bouchy. We now believe that we have found an exciting fit in a dynamic, growing league that has international appeal and a league which will bring us back to the roots of arena style football.

Additionally, Bouchy stated, “The Sharks will continue to maintain their home and will make every opportunity to retain those players who wish to continue with us under the rules and guidelines of this league. Furthermore, we will remain the Jacksonville Sharks. Our franchise is committed to our fans and will continue to bring a high quality, entertaining game to our city.”

Negotiations are in their final stages, with a formal announcement and introductions expected within weeks.

suge night
Site Admin

Post by suge night » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:39 am

There has been whispers for about a month of such a team in the ADL, now this team would be a very long trip from Florida but again the Sharks are used to flight and I would expect that in order for this particular game they would fly in, opposed to what other teams that would be in the division with the Sharks if others from that eastern division. Would entertain playing this international team, which in itself will need other teams close enough to make this even possible cost wise for them to fit into the ADL. Stay tuned could be a bumpy ride.............

Return to “Indoor/Arena Football”