And Another--the RIFL

Dan K
Site Admin

And Another--the RIFL

Post by Dan K » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:34 pm

Not sure what level of play, but the new Rebel Indoor Football League is trying to organize and has two teams called the Birmingham Bombers and Huntsville Avengers.

http://www.gorifl.com

suge night
Site Admin

Post by suge night » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:49 pm

First, of all what makes a team worth 345k in this league. That is around the operating budget for a season, these semi pro guys don't do their homework they are asking for you as a potential owner to put up essentially 500k after all the fees they have in place. They have reversed the mission statement with a indirect franchise statement that tells you all you will need to know, all they mention are things the owner used to have to do, but not in this league they aren't selling you a franchise you pay for everything and they hold a two day seminar explaining how to operate a minor league sports business lol: Only in America! as Don King would proclaim - They do offer the discount though and this used to be a staple of joining the indoor leagues in the early days so he has one thing right. Good luck to them after all everyone has to have a dream and just maybe this one could come true.
Last edited by suge night on Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Minor League Mania
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Mania » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:39 pm

Was that website thrown together but a child or what?

A couple things to note:

The immediate thing you see is a request for money and teams to openly join.

The league mentions nothing about a footprint or business model or league rules.

No mention of league requirements on buildings, market size etc....

While the Contact League tab brings you to a form the contact Us link is broken on the Franchise Opportunities page.

2 Teams were already announced with no mention of venues or owners.

They have an "official" ball but no mention of who makes it.

I also notice that the picture includes bounce back nets in the end zones. Good luck affording those!

dmbishop
Site Admin

Post by dmbishop » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:12 am

And 5 weeks to get all the paperwork and deposits in to the league.

The nets are not included in the league items.

Dave

Joe In Birmingham
Site Admin

Post by Joe In Birmingham » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:34 am

I checked their website late tonight and I don't remember seeing these figures listed a few days ago.

Total Franchise cost…$6,000,000.00
50% ownership partnered with RIFL…$4,000,000.00
25% ownership partnered with RIFL…$2,500,000.00

suge night
Site Admin

Post by suge night » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:54 pm

The funny thing about that is in business, a franchise usually is based upon the success of the parent company. In this case they are simply telling you we will use your cash to fail with, sense they have no proof of concept that the league itself has any success based upon the industry itself.

This is what semi pro guys come up with while sitting around thinking they can do it better even though they have no experience at all in the industry of minor league sports as a professional business. :cool:

Wish them well but it appears that the league won't get off the ground, and all the suckers of past ego trips into ownership have dried up sure the other leagues may find one or two but not at the expense of a million or more dollars, and as I asked before what makes one of the teams in this proposed league worth now 2 mill up from the $250,000 just a few days ago man 1000 % growth simply from announcing we are going to play.
Last edited by suge night on Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

robster2001
Site Admin

Post by robster2001 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:03 pm

[quote=""Joe In Birmingham""]I checked their website late tonight and I don't remember seeing these figures listed a few days ago.

25% ownership partnered with RIFL…$2,500,000.00[/quote]

This must be the new math. :)

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:48 am

[quote=""Joe In Birmingham""]I checked their website late tonight and I don't remember seeing these figures listed a few days ago.

25% ownership partnered with RIFL…$2,500,000.00[/quote]

I'm not sure AFL teams have those kinds of budgets anymore. Some of the indoor leagues have teams operating on budgets in the low six figures. Anyone with $6 million to play around with (and lose) needs to start looking at an established league in indy baseball or maybe USL soccer.

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:49 am

[quote=""nksports""]I'm not sure AFL teams have those kinds of budgets anymore. Some of the indoor leagues have teams operating on budgets in the low six figures. Anyone with $6 million to play around with (and lose) needs to start looking at an established league in indy baseball or maybe USL soccer.[/quote]

And I'm sure one of the ***-for-brains outdoor leagues going around right now would be happy to take $6 mil off some sucker.

Joe In Birmingham
Site Admin

Post by Joe In Birmingham » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:08 am

I can't find the website. Has this league vaporized?

Return to “Indoor/Arena Football”